∆ THIRTY ∆

Dedicated to Black-At_Heart . The only person who got the answer to the question in my author's note in chapter 29. The answer was D&G by Davido ft Summer walker

Comfortable silence took over the class as he battled with his thoughts and I with mine. He asked again, "Tobi, do you still like me?" His tone was very serious, so was the frown etched on his face.

Chewing the inside of my lower lip, I thought about my answer. I knew my answer but I was scared to let it out. I was also scared of what would be his reaction too. What if I said yes and he didn't like me anymore or what if I said no and he still liked me? It was more about his answer or reply than mine.

"Tobi?"

"Ye-yes?" I croaked out.

Stepping down from the chair he was standing on, Daniel shoved his hands into his jeans pocket. The frown etched on his face was still there. "You know; you haven't answered my question."

His back kissed the white board as he made contact with it. He was biting his lip and I couldn't help but notice how handsome he looked standing like he was modelling for some magazine. The hair was the only issue I had. It wasn't looking nice on him.

He wanted to dread his hair. God knew how much I hated it. Dying your hair was okay with me but styling it in dreads wasn't acceptable. For some reason I had always hated it. But that didn't mean I didn't like it on Rema.

"Such question doesn't need an answer." Our eyes made contact. Quickly, I averted my gaze to my feet suddenly regretting it. It made me feel inferior. "Do you still like me?" It was my turn to ask. Our eyes had made contact once more and I had made the decision not to back down this time.

Our stare down was intense. There were so much emotions held in those brown orbs of his. Some I could decipher, others I couldn't. "You know; you haven't answered my question." I used his words against him.

A small smile broke on his lips as he sauntered towards me. I was still captivated by his orbs, his eyes didn't also leave mine. Again, my eyes went to my jeans culottes. The fabric became fascinating.

Slowly raising my head, I noticed he had gotten closer. His hands which he had shoved in his pockets moments ago were by his side. His feet were swallowed in sneakers, expensive looking sneakers.

"After your party," he started. Daniel had stopped walking and was now seating on a chair close to the window. Since all the chairs were positioned facing the board, he had to turn the chair around so it could face me. "Why did your attitude change towards me?"

Narrowing my eyes, I faked a confused frown. I knew what he was talking about but it wasn't something I wanted to talk about. It was a sore topic for me though I had told no one about it neither had I talked about it with anyone.

My countenance prompted him to explain his statement. "Like, I mean," he stopped to think. Probably to gather his words. Daniel's chest heaved while he took deep breaths. "I mean, your attitude was totally uncalled for. It was like I did something when clearly I didn't. I was hurt, Tobi. All of a sudden you started... you changed."