∆ TWENTY ONE ∆

Dedicated to Teefabulous. She's been so supportive and she didn't let me rest till I updated....lol.

"Hey! Where you dey go?" The security man in charge asked, his Calabar accent coming out thick.

"We want to get more drinks for the party. Don't worry when we get back, we'll give you something for your trouble." Daniel lied to the security man.

"They know about the party?" I whisper to Daniel who nods as a response to my question.

"Alright. Don't forget us, bring something for us o." The other security man we students call baba Olise tells us.

They are both seated on a wooden bench which is placed beside the gate house. They are fully dressed in black, black t-shirt with the school's logo on the breast pocket and security written in grey at the back and black cargo pants, black socks and black boots with black face cap. The school's security guards usually have sticks with them for any student who misbehaves.

"Joshua, let them go. Don't take too long!" Baba Olise tells the Calabar security man. Joshua gets up to unlock the gate for us then we both walk out. He locks the gate afterwards.

"They know about the party, how is that possible?" I ask Daniel furrowing my eyebrows.

He takes my hand as we make our way to the river. "Yes. The guidance counsellor told them to keep an eye on us. Do you expect them to leave only prefects to handle a party after school."

I shrug, "true." 

"I hope you enjoyed your party?" Daniel puts his arm around me. I didn't bother to shrug it off since we're the only ones outside. It's after school hours.

I grin, "of course. Thank you, baby." To think I got angry at him for not getting me a gift. "I would be leaving soon." I announce after a quick glimpse at the wristwatch on my wrist. I'm sure my mother must be worried about me.

"Why would you leave your own party, isn't that rude?" He tells me, using my own words against me as we entered into the forest.

I scoff then speak, "says the person who masterminded us leaving for the river." I send him a funny look which earns a small laugh from him.

I steal a glance at his zipper and I notice a bulge due to the erection but it wasn't as obvious as it was earlier at the party.

"Wow!" I gasp seeing the sight before me.

Daniel organized some kind of romantic picnic for us. There's red checkered cloth spread on the floor. It has a basket on it which I want to believe harbours whatever food or snack we're going to be having. There's petals in the river giving out a romantic vibe.

I turn around and engulf Daniel in a bone crushing hug. "I love you so much, Daniel! I swear I do!"

After the hug we both sit on the cloth. He brought out a bottle of wine and cupcakes from the basket. He also brought a small quilt.

We both talk about random things while laying on the cloth as we hold hands.

"You must be joking, how would you eat garri with boiled egg. That's crazy!" I say as I laugh. Daniel was telling me tales about his boarding school life. He said one night, he was so hungry so he boiled egg with a boiling ring and ate it with soaked garri.