∆FIFTY FOUR∆

Dedicated to Fame_lanky

"You're so pretty."  He yelled over the music.

I ignored him and sipped my canned cola. My eyes were focused on the scantily dressed ladies who were shaking their massive derries and doing their work on the long pole. Jazz slapped the ass of one of the ladies and tucked some Naira notes in her panties. I shook my head. Where did he get that amount of money sef?

The birthday boy took a big bottle of champagne and popped it open letting it's content rush out. Everyone one screamed for joy and the music increased.

"Are you enjoying the party?"

I nodded even though it was contrary. I took another sip from my drink and  set it on the stool next to me. Some guys were spraying money on the strippers, some were dancing with girls or making out with them. There was another guy  at the corner of the room fucking a girl. I was sure there was no way Grandma would ever have let me come to this party if she knew this was what was going on here.

"Fefe!"  A fair girl wearing a short, blue, off-shoulder dress cat walked over to us and sat between myself and Felix. She  flipped her fake Bone Straight hair on my face; I frowned. "I didn't know you were going to come around." She proceeded to twirl her hair round her finger.

"Itohan, what do you want?" Felix growled.

She placed her hand on his lap. "Ahan, can't I come and see my boyfriend?"

Felix looked at me briefly before taking her hand from his lap and putting it on her lap. "Ex-boyfriend."

Her eyes did a three sixty in their sockets. "This is not the first time we're breaking up, Fefe and it's not going to be the last. Every healthy relationship goes through problems."

I wasn't interested in listening to couples drama so I made my way to the kitchen of the luxurious house. The mansion was furnished with pieces that looked really expensive. The owner must have gotten an expert in interior decoration work on their crib. It wasn't even far from my house, it was in an estate down the road.

The few people in the kitchen were chattering and laughing. I noticed a tray of small chops on the kitchen table. I took a plastic plate and put spring rolls and puffpuff. I reached for the refrigerator next to the kitchen table. It was filled with a lot of goodness. Mostly bottles of alcoholic wine, canned foods and bottled water. I picked a bottle of water and some fruits. My eyes lit up at the red fruit I was longing to eat since the start of the day. I took some pieces of watermelon into my plate excitedly and moved to sit on a stool next to a guy that had a girl on his lap.

"No chop am."

Jazz joined me on the island, plopping his hands on the the table top. I smiled. He gave back a small smile and took one of the spring rolls. I took puffpuff but he hit my hand making it fall back into the plate.

"Ahan?! But you're eating it."

"You be ajebutter." He laughed. "Most of the snacks and drunks here are laced with loud. That's why Felix got you Cola before we came here."

I started to rack my brain to see if I had taken anything else. It dawned on me that was why most of the guys here were hyper. My heart shattered when I looked at the pieces of watermelon in the plate.

"I don't think that'll be laced." Jazz said, I let out a breath of relive, one I didn't know I was holding and started to devour the fruit. "I'm surprised your grandma let you attend this party.