∆ FIFTY FIVE ∆

Dedicated to  tentimileyin

I took out the pills from the packet, put them into my mouth and downed half of the sachet water. I returned my pills into it's packet and returned to my bed from my dressing table.

Laying on the bed was always uncomfortable these days. I couldn't get any comfortable position. Sleeping on my back hurt most times because of the baby's weight. I couldn't also sleep on my chest as a result of the growing baby bump. I was stuck with sleeping on my side and it made my sides and back hurt. I finally succumbed to sleeping on my right side, one pillow under my protruding belly and another  behind me at my waist side while my head was without a pillow. It was moments like this I always said, "thunder fire, Daniel!"

A text message caused a beep on my phone. It was next to me so I picked it and tapped on the text.

Fefe😂
Where are you?
Jazz and I are downstairs. Let's go for a stroll.
12:15 PM

Tobi
I went out with grandma.
Don't have too much fun without me o.
12:16 PM

Fefe😂
Lol.
Alright, chicken
12:16 PM

I was trying to limit my friendship with Felix and Jazz. It was getting rather hard to hide my fast growing stomach. It was already the size of a watermelon and most clothes wouldn't fit anymore.
There were only  few clothes that would conceal my protruding stomach.

My flowery camisole was very fitted, something I was sure doctor Ernestina would reprimand me for. The fabric only ended half of my stomach reveling my belly button. I was very comfortable in baggy joggers so I wore them lately.

Remi's call came in and I picked it, putting the phone on speaker, next to me.  "Sister Tobi!"

"Remi!" I screamed with the same level of excitement then yawned. "How are you?"

"I came third position." I could tell she was beaming with pride.

"That's my girl!" I grinned, putting a finger in my belly button. "I'm sure mummy and daddy are excited."

"They sure are, but," her excitement started to reduced, "you know your parents. They asked why I dashed my teacher the remaining twenty six marks. Mummy even said, do the people that got first position have three heads?" She recounted. "It was mathematics that lowered my score. You aren't around to explain logarithms to me, that's why Chinelo and Anjola beat me to the first and second positions." She ended with a long hiss.

It was heartbreaking to hear I was part of the reason she didn't get the first position. "Why didn't you tell sister Deola to assist you?"

I heard her stomp, "you know she has gone for her youth service."

"How about you take more time to study and I help and teach you through video calls?" I told her still playing with my belly button.

"Alright."

"What's up at home?"

"The same thing. Mummy and daddy are still not in good terms." She paused before continuing, "sister Tobi, I don't want them to get a divorce."

Sighing, I shifted in my bed. It was all my fault my parents marriage was on the verge of a divorce. I thought when I left home things were going  to be normal again. They could carry on with their normal lives without me or having to think about the shame I brought  upon my family but I was wrong. The pregnancy, the baby, my mistake  and my entire existence will always be a reminder that I destroyed my family.