∆ SIXTEEN ∆

"Good morning everyone!" Mrs Adebayo, our principal greeted after the clap used to usher her to the stage had stopped.

"Good morning, Mrs Adebayo." We all chorused.

All the students in International Scholars High School were all stood in there respective lines as we all assembled for the emergency assembly called by the principal.

The school bell had already been rung signalling the closing of school then prefects began trooping into classes ordering us to go downstairs for assembly. We were all astonished and murmured as we talked about  why an assembly was called for when we  ought to be on our way home.

"I know you all would be surprised about the sudden assembly when you should be on your way to your respective homes," she speaks into the microphone. "Well, I was told by the vice principal that the school's biannual Interhouse  sports would take place this year."

This made us clap as we were all excited about the Interhouse sports which our principal made mention of. After this, murmuring began as students talked amongst themselves excitedly about the Interhouse sport.

"Thank God oh, it won't be work, work, and work." Zara said.

"That's true but less classes means more home work." I respond.

This makes her groan, "that's true. School will not kill us sef."

"Will you all keep quiet so I can speak!" Mrs Adebayo yells into the microphone as her countenance changes to that of anger.

This makes everyone stop talking and the prefects and teachers begin to walk around to punish students who  kept on talking

Mr Adebayo carries on talking, "our Interhouse sports would be happening in six weeks time and would comprise of ten sports which include; sprinting, javelin, high jump, long jump, swimming," she stops to look at a small book in her right hand while her left hand holds the microphone.

"Shot put, discus, tug-of-war, tennis and our usual march past. The sport prefects, house masters and physical and health education teachers would be in charge of the Interhouse sports so anyone who wishes to participate should see any of them. Any other information would be passed across to you. Good day." Mrs Adebayo gives the microphone to the assembly prefect and we all walk away to either our class or out of the school since it's already closing.

"Zara, are you going to participate?" I question placing my bag on one of my shoulders. We both were making our way to the school's gate.

She hisses, "I dunno, jare. You know am pathetic at sports. Sport definitely isn't my thing. What about you?"

"I will go for either javelin or discus, any of the two but that's if am good at it and our house master thinks am a good pick." I reply her.

When we got to the gate, we saw Daniel talking to Wale and they both walk towards us. Wale's bag strap  crossed across his shoulder while Daniel stood his hands shoved in his pockets without any sign of his bag.

"Zara, what's up?" Daniel greets and she replies with "I'm good, thanks."

Wale puts his hand on Daniel's shoulder. They were standing beside each other just as Zara and I were. "Guy, I should take my leave now."

"Chill now, I can tell my driver to drop you off. He would be here in a few minutes even though he ought to be here by now." Daniel takes a look at the time using his digital G-shock wristwatch that's strapped on his left wrist.

"You want me to be a third wheel abi? While you guys are being all loved up in the car, I should be talking to the driver."

Wale words leaves me perplexed. I didn't understand what he meant by being all loved up in car. This leaves me frowning.