∆FIFTY NINE∆

Again, to YOU. Thank you for still holding on.

"Shit!"

Both guys muttered simultaneously. My hands went to my back for support. I shook my head, looking from Felix to Jazz waiting for an explanation. Imisi just stood looking out of place and unable to grasp what was going on.

It was clear. He was avoiding me. Felix was avoiding me and I had no idea his reason for doing so. Last I remembered, we never got in an argument. Our last encounter was when Grandma slumped and since then the only time I had seen him, he was briskly walking into the house, trying to avoid making eye contact with me and murmuring Hello.

"Hi, I'm Felix. I'm a fan of yours." Felix walked towards Imisi and  stretched his hand like nothing weird had happened. Imisi took them and shook it with a small smile.

"Nice to meet you, Felix. I appreciate it." She said, leaving his hand.

"Guy," Jazz called making us focus on him even though he was talking to Felix. "This babe is finer in real life o."  Felix agreed with a nod whilst I rolled my eyes and Imisi gave a cute smile and a small blush.

Imisi wasn't the reason I was here so I brought it up. "I thought you said Felix wasn't around?" I narrowed my eyes at Jazz.

He went quiet, adjusting his beanie on his head. Felix walked into the house and Jazz followed suite so did Imisi and I.

"Ehn, I forgot." He bit his lower lip.

"You both were in the same house and you forgot?" A laugh went past my lips. "Is this playing? What type of playing is this?" I clapped my hands.

"Um, it seems as though you guys have alot going on. I'll just go and eat Amala and Gbegiri."  Imisi walked away, leaving myself and the guys in the living room.  I was thorn between speaking with the boys and going to eat Amala. My stomach grumbled and I ran my tongue over my lips.

When Imisi left, the atmosphere became more tense since it was just three of us standing face to face. I was hungry but I needed to know why Jazz was lying and Felix was avoiding me like I was one of the ten plagues in Egypt.

Jazz  left to close the door. "I wan go piss. I dey come."  Jazz disappeared into one of the room in the house.

I saw Felix send his best friend a death glare. He ran his palms on his bald head then sat on the arm of the closest sofa to him.

We both stared at each other, our eyes sending unsaid words to the other. I had a lot to say. Well, I had a lot to yell and he seemed as though he also had a lot to get off his chest but none of us was willing to start. The house was entirely silent save for the clock hung above the television that was ticking and our heavy breathing.

I was upset and the frown etched on his features gave away the fact that he was upset too. It was funny because I was the one who had the right to be upset. I shook my head as I crossed my hand and rested them on my bump.

"You people should talk na. Abi shey you're doing breathing competition ni?"  We heard Jazz' voice coming from inside the house. Our head went to where his voice was coming from and we saw his head popping through the door.

"Go piss your piss!" Felix yelled back as he rolled his eyes. He rested his back on the sofa and closed his eyes whilst gnawing on his lower lip.

I decided to go first when Jazz had closed the door returning into the bathroom. The silence was sicken and the faster I was done here, the faster I was going to eat Amala and Gbegiri. 

"Why are you avoiding me?"

He chuckled. A humorous one then being the Nigerian that he was, it was always our nature to answer questions with questions and Felix did so. "Why didn't you tell me?"