∆ TWENTY NINE ∆

JSS1 Opal classroom was painted white, the plastic chairs were red same as the plastic desk lockers. The white board which was hung on the board was sparkling clean. The students were doing a good job taking care of their board.

"Fuck!" Daniel muttered.

He was still seated on the desk, his legs on the same chair. His head was bent, eyes concentrated on his phone in his hands.

My arms were crossed while I stared at the board behind Daniel. I had been doing that for a while since I had nothing to do except the occasional stealth glances I took at Daniel. After he called me an imbecile, I went back to my seat.

I couldn't blame him for his words. Stupid people said stupid things, right?

The only reason I talked to him was to call Zara who unknown to the both of us was working and helping Wale and Anna. I had thought of ways to get back at Anna; breaking her hand was an option but someone who I couldn't stand against just by blocking my path could be hard to defeat.

I also thought about taking one of her possessions that she couldn't do without but there were a lot of things Anna adored. Her hair was one of the things, oh Anna loved her short hair. The hair was too short to be plaited but she had subjected it to so many oils and chemicals so she could plait it.

Anna was short compared to Zara and I. She was the shortest of us all and had so much pimples on her face. Though her face was blemished due to the pimples but she was still attractive. She was my friend so she was attractive.

"Shit!" He muttered again. I was doing all my possible best to ignore him but he was making it difficult by uttering swear words which was very, very annoying.

I was bored in fact beyond bored. There was no one to talk to or phone to use. I stared at my long nails like they were amusing. I ought to cut them else I would get punished whenever any of the prefects did the usual inspection during the assembly.

They always checked for clean socks and uniforms. Correct hair styles and short finger nails too. Anyone who flouted any of the rules ended up being punished and since the beginning of the term where the principal and teachers had become stricter than they  were before, some students got whipped.

Another mutter came from Daniel. "Shit!"

I couldn't take it anymore this time. "For crying out loud can you stop with the swear words. It's so irritating and coming from a voice like yours, it's worse. You sound like a frog." My lies about his voice got to him just like I wanted and he gave me a death glare which I hissed and rolled my eyes to. "Just stop with the swear words."

I stretched my legs out then crossed them. "If I don't?" He questioned, a challenging look on his face. He dropped his phone on the desk he was seating, carefully then stood up from the desk while he stood on the plastic chair.

"Don't try me Daniel." There was nothing I could do but I wanted to sound and look just as challenging as he did so I narrowed my eyes, crossed my arms and put one leg on the other.

Daniel sucked in his lower lip then cocked his head to the side, "I would love to try you, you know... again." A wink followed this and I knew immediately what he was talking about.

"Nincompoop." 

The corners of his lips curved upwards making me roll my eyes. "Why did you pack your hair up that way?"

I shrugged at his question. The only answer for that was, 'I wanted to,' except there were other answers which weren't coming to my head right now.

"I prefer your hair in cornrows. It's simple and pretty." He was still standing on the chair. His head was far from the celling but not too far away.

"I prefer your hair cut in a punk." I retorted. Both his hands travelled to his hair almost immediately ruffling his scruffy hair.

"I want to style my hair in dreads when we're done with exams."

I let out a small laugh intended to mock him. "See this one," I pointed at him with all five of my fingers in my left hand. "You're hoping to look like Rema or Joeboy, abi? Then you're deceiving yourself."

A frown found it's way to his face,  his hands were still on his head playing with his hair. "Whatever. You like me the way I am."

Laughter followed his words. Laughter from me. "Like who? Ishh."

The frown on his face hadn't left his face but his hands had left his hair, they were now playing with the fly of his jeans. My eyes travelled to a secluded part of his jeans making me gulp nervously.

His voice made me avert my gaze to his brown eyes. "Do you still like me?"

"You must think so highly of yourself, Daniel. I'll prefer to crush on a cockroach than crush on you." I replied with a hint of smile. He pretended to be hurt by putting his hand on his chest where the heart is.

Comfortable silence took over the class as he battled with his thoughts and I with mine. He asked again, "Tobi, do you still like me?" His tone was very serious, so was the frown etched on his face.

Chewing the inside of my lower lip, I thought about my answer.

A/N
Do you guys want Daniel and Tobi back together?

A massive thank you to everyone adding this book to their reading list(s). I see the notifications almost everyday. Thank you and I love you all.
I have an interview book on Wattpad where I interview writers. Recently, I interviewed the writer of The Bad Boy Stole My Bra. Please, please, please; check it out.

Can you guess the song I was listening to while editing and writing this chapter?
Hint: It's a Davido song.