∆ TEN ∆

Dedicated to Ispendthenaira

The school had closed and I was packing my books into my school bag. Throughout, my mood has been off. I was deep in thoughts about Daniel and everything Seun told me.

Daniel noticed and tried to lift my spirit, he was able to help in a little way. Daniel also reminded me about yesterday and I told him I was till thinking about it, fortunately he didn't push further.

"Are you leaving now?" A familiar voice asks and I nod. "How about we go to the river?"

"I need to go home now. I don't want my mother getting angry at me. I got home really late yesterday." I decline.

"Please, you can always use the scope you used yesterday or did I offend you in any way?"

"No. I just need to go home right away." I zipped my bag.

Pauline walked towards us, "Daniel, aren't you going home?" She puts her hand on one of his shoulders as she stands beside him.

"I will. I just want to see Tobi about something." Daniel replied her.

Pauline already had two of her shirt buttons unbuttoned thus reveling her cleavage. If you were standing close to her, seeing some parts of her boobs was inevitable. Her skirt was cut short, even shorter than it was when we resumed. It's very obvious she is prepared to seduce Daniel and I ain't taking such shit from her.

"Thinking about it now, I'll come with you, Daniel." If I let Daniel go with Pauline only God know what would happen between them. I couldn't take such risk.

His eyes glittered signifying how delighted he was about my new decision. He shook off Pauline's hand from his shoulder and the glare on her face would never go unnoticed.

"Pauline, excuse us. We have to leave now." Daniel says and we both leave the class.

If looks could kill, then I'll be dead by now because the scowl on Pauline's face ehn.

We made our way to the river talking about random things and school. As we talked, I found out that; Daniel is an only child and that his parents are hardly ever at home. He lives in Lekki with his mother, his father works in Borno state. He was staying with his grandparents while he was in Osun state.

Daniel took my hand in his after we entered the forest. He kept telling me about himself and I fell in love with him the more.

"I really do love you, Tobi. I love everything about you, from the hair on your head to the nails on your feet."

I blushed. We were sitting on the felled tree. Daniel has his arm around my shoulder.

"Daniel, I love you too but-"

"But what, Tobi? What is the barrier stopping you from being mine?" He removes his hand from my shoulder and takes both my hands in his and puts them on his lap.

"So many things!" I blurt and stand from the tree. "So many things, some I can explain others I can't."

I was facing the river, my arms crossed on my chest.

"Explain so I know what to do to get you to believe I truly love you. I've never been so in love with anyone as I am with you."

A sigh escapes my lips and I turn to face him. "Daniel, my friends said everything you said yesterday are lies. They are lies for me to fall into your trap and for you to use and dump me."

He stood from the tree and laugh, a non humorous one. "Are you kidding me? We aren't even in the relationship yet and you're already blabbing to your friends about everything I tell you. You aren't a kid anymore, you need to grow up!"

Was I wrong for telling my friends? Four of us have been friends for a long time now and we tell each other everything. I couldn't let them find out through someone else. We promised to tell one another everything.

"They are my best friends! You don't expect me not to ask them for advice! Do you think am stupid or something? You think I don't know Wale has been the one giving you tips on how to ask me out."

Daniel went mute, looking at the ground like it suddenly became fascinating. He had his hands shove in his trouser's pocket. We both stayed quiet, the sound of the river flowing and the sound of the tree's leaves as they moved were the only sounds we heard.

"Am sorry." Daniel whispers. "I'm just so scared. I'm scared you'll reject me." He says eyes on the debris.

"Am also sorry for telling my friends about everything but Daniel you need to understand they are my besties. I also want you to understand that, if I reject you it's for a good cause. I have my reasons and if I turn you down, it's certainly not the end of the world. You're a great guy, any girl would kill to be your girlfriend."

He finally raises his head to look at my face. "So have you arrived at a decision?"

I took a deep breath as I took a moment to reminisce on my decision. "Can I still have a day or two to make my decision?"

He bit his lip and batted his long eyelashes which I secretly envied, "take your time."

"I'll leave now." I told him and took my bag.

"Alright. See you tomorrow." He tells me and I make my way out of the forest alone.

I've already made my decision but I need more time to think about it. I have to be sure, so I don't make a mistake I'll end up regretting. I also have to do shakara for him whether or not I agree to be his girlfriend. Besides, am not some cheap girl that gets excited when a guy asks her out.

A/N

Hey guys, thanks so much for reading. The reads and votes mean the world.

I also deleted the part about Eniola Badmus in chapter 4 since it's body shamming and it's very wrong and also cyber bullying which I am against. I deeply apologize to anyone who was offended by it and to Eniola Badmus too. I know she has no idea of what I wrote but I sincerely apologize.

However, I made a new cover for the book and it's the picture above. What do you all think about it?

READ! VOTE! COMMENT! SHARE!