∆ THIRTEEN ∆

"I missed you throughout the weekend. I wanted to call you then I realized I did't have your number." Daniel said and I snuggled closer to him.

My head was on his shoulder and he had his arm round my waist. We are both at the river seated on the felled tree as usual after school.

"Oh, that's true. I'll make sure to give you before I leave." I told him as I was putting my hand on his lap. "What was your answer for question number one for the physics test?"

"I can't remember. What's the question?"

"The one about sound waves? That one everyone was arguing about?"  I reminded him while snuggling closer to him, making sure to inhale his still potent nice smelling perfume. A smell I yearn to perceive everyday.

He hissed, "I failed that one. I was suppose to add the other working but I stopped half way."

"I finished it oh. He gave us as classwork last week. Didn't you revise?"

"I didn't think it was going to come out. See let's forget about test," he said with a wave of hand. "Have you made your decision, are you going to be my girlfriend?"

I sat upright, removing my head from his shoulder. He turned to face me while I averted my gaze from him to my hands that were in my lap.

"I'll be your girlfriend." I finally told him whispering because of how shy I was.

"Really? You don't mean it?!" He said and  engulfs me into a hug. "I can't believe it!" He told me after the hug grinning. I kept looking at my fingers, I was smiling  and  I didn't want him to see it.

He pushed my head up slowly by putting two of his fingers on my chin. My head was finally raised. He moved close to me, took both my hands and put them on his lap while still holding them.

"Tobi, there's nothing to be shy about. As along as you love me and I love you too then it's going to be fine. I also promise you, I'll take good care of you and you'll have my full love and attention. I won't break your heart, Tobi." He promised then kissed my cheek making me blush.

"Daniel, I'll like to leave now. It's getting late and I want to get home early so I will be able to read for our test tomorrow." I told him standing up.

I bent over to pick my bag. Daniel hugged me from behind and pushed me close to him making me feel his prick. At first I was surprised but I just thought it was a normal thing. He pulled me upright while still hugging me from behind.

"Baby, don't go yet. Let's stay for a while and talk."

I smiled when I heard him call me baby. This warmed my heart. "Okay, I will but on one condition."

"What may that be?" He asked putting his chin on my shoulder while pushing me deeper into him. His hands were wrapped tight around my stomach and I loved the position we were in, so romantic.

"Let's stay like this for ten more minutes and you'll sing for me too." I stated my conditions while smirking. Daniel once told me his voice was horrible and I wanted to hear how horrible he claimed it was.

"I've told you my voice is horrible, babe. I'm not singing for you oh." I noticed him frown through the corner of my eyes.

"Shebi you don't want to sing, I'm going home." I threatened trying to loosen my body from his grasp but he held me in place.

"Okay, okay, I will." He accepted.

Daniel accepted to sing and sang Brown Skin Girl by Beyonce and Wizkid for me and I must tell you his voice his horrible, if there's another word worse than horrible then his voice is. I laughed throughout his song but my laughing didn't stop or embarrass him, he went on singing ignoring my giggles.

We stayed at the river for few more minutes before I left for my house. Daniel paid for my transport fare and he collected my phone number.

He usually goes home late, like around seven pm since his mother is the one who  picks him up and she's very busy. He told me that's till they get a new driver who will take over the duty from his mother.

I thought deeply about what sister Deola told me on Saturday. I really love Daniel and he also loves me too so I decided to agree to be his girlfriend. I'll just read twice as hard so I won't fail. Moreover, a lot of people say I'm smarter than my sister when she was in high school so I will definitely pass. I'm still in SS2 and it's still about a year before I write my WAEC so there's nothing that could go wrong. I have this under control.

"O wa o!" I alerted the conductor and driver. The bus halted at my bus stop and I alighted from the vehicle.

Glossary

O wa oI'll like to alight from the vehicle.