∆ TWENTY EIGHT ∆

DEDICATED TO ALL HEALTH WORKERS. THANKS FOR CARING FOR US DESPITE BEING AT RISK. WE LOVE YOU ALL AND WE'RE PROUD OF YOU ALL 👏👏.

Mrs Awolowo walked out of the class after teaching Trigonometry for two hours. The two hours of mathematics went by slowly though I enjoyed the class.

According to what our class teacher told us concerning the midterm classes, he told us we would have three subjects, two hours for each and half an hour for lunch time.

"Tobi!" Anna called from the door of the class. She motioned for me to come to her using hand and I hurried over to her side.

"What?" I asked as soon as I joined her standing in front of the door. My eyes went to the pink see-through blouse she was wearing. It was really nice and I admired it. She also had blue jeans on with converse. It's like she came for fashion.

Most girls have their best clothes on to show off and I'm not excluded. I have on a blue t-shirt which fits firmly on my upper body and knee length denmin culottes. I finished my look off with pink sandals while my natural kinky hair is packed up. I remember when I told my Mum I wanted to  retouch my hair, she refused outrightly telling me till I turned eighteen I couldn't retouch my hair.

"Follow me, I want to show you something!" After saying this, she grabbed my wrist roughly and pulled me walking hastily towards the staircase.

I yanked my hand from her grasp halting and gazing at her suspiciously. Anna stared back an odd look on her face, her hands on her hips.

"Where are we going?" I asked. I was very curious to know where she was taking me to.

"You love to ask too many questions, Tobi. Just follow me." She instructed like she was talking to a child.

I crossed my arms and repeated my question placing emphasis on every word, "Where. Are. We. Going?"

Resting her side on the door, she batted her eyelashes nibbling on her lower lip. "I just want to show you something I saw in the JSS1 classroom."

"JSS1 classroom?"

"Yes!" She muttered. "Let's just go!" She took my wrist in her hand and pulled me.

Anna hurriedly walked down the staircase  skipping some of the stairs. It was difficult to keep up with her pace but I still did. When we finally got downstairs, she let's go of my hand leaving me to follow her.

We both maneuvered through some puddles of water in our path which was due to the rain which fell very early in the day. Though the sun had come out as it was already noon but the ground was still damp.

Approaching the white building, Anna intertwined our fingers as we walked to the building.  "Anna," I called, she turned her head  to me then hummed before turning her head to face our path. "What exactly do you want me to see?"

She pointed at the last floor of the junior block where the JSS1 classrooms was, "we're almost there. Chillax."

We both walked to the last class which was JSS1 Opal. The door was closed and on the top of the wall, there was a sign written, welcome to JSS1 Opal.

Pushing the door open, Anna and I stepped into the class. I was surprised with what I saw. Wale and Daniel were seated on a desk in  front of the class. Daniel was about to take a sip from the bottle of Fanta in his hands when I entered. He halted, slowing setting the bottle of drink down on the desk he was seated.

"What is she doing here, Wale?" A frown appeared on Daniel's face.

"Is this what you wanted to show me?" I questioned, frowning at Anna.