∆ NINETEEN ∆

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you, Tobi! Happy birthday to you!" My friends chanted as they sing in celebration of my sixteenth birthday.

We were all seated in the field of the sport complex where our Interhouse sports training takes place.

"My baby has finally joined the sweet sixteen geng." Anna wipes fake tears with her finger making the rest of us chuckle. "Here, happy birthday, bestie." She gives me a white wristwatch with diamonds encrusted in it. The wristwatch looked like a knockoff but I appreciated it nonetheless.

"Awww," I cooed as my hands touched the wristwatch which is still in the  transparent packaging nylon. "I really appreciate this, bestie."

Wale gave me a small black box which harboured black dangling earrings which I have plans to wear this Sunday to church with my red coloured off-shoulder gown.

"Thank you, Wale. I really like it." I showed it to Daniel who is seated next to me with his hand on the small of my back. He nods showing he liked them, that's what his eyes read though.

"Since you're always complaining of sister Deola using your Sleek brown powder, I got you another one." Zara passes a blue bag to me through Wale.

I open the bag to see the content and smile seeing the black rectangular package of the brown powder which the word Sleek is written in  Italics.

"Thank you. Such a thoughtful gift."

"So my own gift is not thoughtful abi?" Anna feigns annoyance with a smile.

"I appreciate all the gifts guys. I didn't even expect this much. Thanks guys, you're the best."

"Sorry I couldn't get you a gift, Tobi. I wasn't aware your birthday is today."

"It's alright, Joyce. I totally understand." Joyce is a friend in SS2 topaz. We both aren't that close but we are still friends.

"Daniel, didn't you get anything for your babe?" Zara asks a frown on her face. I had totally forgotten he didn't get me gift.

I turned my head to look at his face expectedly.

"Am sorry, babe. I forgot, it skipped my mind."

I fake a smile, "it's fine." I lie. I was eagerly looking forward to what my boyfriend would get me for my birthday and I made sure to remind him yesterday during the ride home.

I knew my birthday was four days after our first kiss amd I made sure to remind him.

Kissing has become a part of our relationship and anytime we kiss it turns into a heated make out session and ends with Daniel having a very, very obvious boner. Yesterday,  he had already removed his belt and his hands were already going to unbutton my shirt but I made sure to stop it immediately.

The bell which the sport prefect rung signified we all had to convey to where the school's bus was parked so we could go back to school. Sport was finally over, thank God.

The sweaty students of International Scholars High School struggled to  enter into the bus. I wasn't in a good mood so I just leaned my back against the grey painted wall while crossing my hands.

Daniel was standing next to me helping me hold the bag I put all the gifts given to me by my friends. He took frequent stealth glances at me which I didn't care about. The gift he didn't give me was what I care and am angry about. It's not like I'm after his money or anything but I expected something no matter how little.