Aftershocks

Kat was laying on a bed in quarantine

Kat was laying on a bed in quarantine. She looked up and saw Jess sitting on a chair outside the room, "No offense but I keep thinking how I would love Tripp to be there." Kat said

Jess smiled as she stood up and put a tablet to the screen which wrote down what she said, "I know I wish Tripp was here too. He'd make fun of you and Skye for being in quarantine."

Kat nodded as she glanced over to the other side of the room and saw Skye in a similar room to hers with Coulson outside of it.

"He's probably call me a goldfish or something. But every single time I think of him...I remember seeing it- seeing him getting destroyed and I realise that he's not coming back. He shouldn't have been down there." Kat said

Jess nodded, "You all went down there for good reasons. To stop hydra from tearing a hole in the world...just think the Obelisk triggered a massive earthquake just think how much worse it could have been if he hadn't destroyed it. He died a hero. As soon as medical clears you I'll get you out of here, we can...we can go to Greece or we can stay and we can work on getting your hearing back."

Kat stood up and put her hand on the glass at the edge of the room, "I just want to be able to hear you."

Jess put her hand over Kat's. Kat glanced down to tablet as she saw Jess's mouth move, "I know you will I believe in you."

"How is everyone?" Kat asked

Jess sighed, "Trying to keep busy. May is mostly punching things. Mack fixes things. We all know that we'll loose people but it still hurts when it's one of your own. Especially Tripp."

Kat nodded, "I hate this tablet now. How long did it take Mack to get out of these boxes?"

"Pretty quickly. He's not the same he could use talking to you." Jess said

"Jemma?" Kat asked

"Still at the temple analysing things and getting ready to blow it. It's a miracle you and Skye got out at all." Jess said