Echo

"So where are you from?" Gordon asked as he and walked into a clearing

Kat paused before she said, "Brooklyn."

Gordon shook his head, "No you're not. Don't lie to me."

Kat sighed, "Fine, I'm from Sokovia but I moved to Russia."

"So why do you hide the accent?" Gordon asked

"Uh...I got it trained out of me so I could be safe in SHIELD." Kat said

Gordon sat down on a chair and said, "Safe? That's hiding a part of you. You don't have to hide that here. Use your accent if you want."

Kat nodded as she sat down on the ground, she cleared her throat and switched her accents, "Better?"

Gordon nodded, "Much. Did you have friends in SHIELD?"

Kat nodded, "Yeah SHIELD they're like family, Or they were."

"Until you changed. They sent agents after you?" Gordon said

Kat shrugged and said, "I don't know what happened."

"Have they locked you up before?" Gordon asked

Kat nodded, "When I first joined, I was considered a threat so they locked me up for three weeks. Lie detectors, psych evals, and a lot of questioning. I could beat the lie detectors every time though."

"Do you understand your gift?" Gordon asked

Kat shook her head, "I can hear things."

Gordan laughed and said, "Because soon you could be the lie detector. We believe that you can manipulate sound like I said before you could do what you want with it. Quiet everything, make it louder, Echo the sound. At low frequencies sound is pretty lethal, and high frequencies I couldn't hear but you could. You could even mimic a noise that you have heard."

Kat nodded, "Okay how do I do that?"

Gordon chuckled, "I don't know. I don't have the gift. I just work here, but I think we should start with the thing behind your ear. Take it off and we'll see what happens."