Love in the time of HYDRA

"I'm surprised you came

"I'm surprised you came." Kat said as she saw Jess walk into her room

Jess stood at the door and said, "So am I. I've been avoiding-"

Kat cut Jess off, "You've been avoiding me?"

Jess walked into the room, "How did you?"

"Hear you?" Kat asked and Jess nodded, Kat motioned to the aid behind her ear, "I'm not even going to get into the science part that's Fitz's job but all I know is I can hear things again."

Jess smiled as she sat down on the bed, "That's amazing."

"The way you talked scared me. The way you said that people like Rayna need to be killed people like me." Kat said

Jess sighed, "I know I was scared, after New York Aliens haven't been on the friend list. I freaked out but I've had time to think about it. Hunter talked to me before he left and you are still you, just...with an upgrade and that is fine with me because you are still the woman that I love."

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear you say that. To hear you at all." Kat said as she leaned forwards and kissed Jess.

Coulson then walked into the room, "Happy to see you two have made up but Agent Davis can I have the room."

"Of course Sir." Jess said as she stood up and walked out of the room.

Kat looked up and said, "What?"

Coulson sat down on a chair and said, "When we found you and Skye in that temple. It broke my heart seeing you in that much pain. What broke it even further was what you said to me so you remember?" Kat shook her head, "You said...make it stop, Phil please make it stop."

"Phil I-"

Coulson cut off Kat, "Let me finish. I am your dad I get that now, I just wanted to protect you. I should've figured it out sooner that you are powered because...I think I became your father the first time I saw you in the street."