Chapter 41

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked as he let Taehyung hug him from back, he sensed the other pouting and sighing while resting his chin on his shoulder.

It was a bright morning, with the sunlight peeking through the partly opened window, the weather looked perfect for spending sweet time with your special someone, but alas, he still had to go for work.
Wished he could just ditch his work, but he has an important meeting to attend.
It was when he was standing in front of the mirror, fixing his hair with a comb, Taehyung's arms wrapped around his waist, pouting for some reason he didn't know yet.

"Nothing," it was the only thing Taehyung said and sighed for the nth time again before leaning to bury his face on the younger's back.

"Nothing? Then why are you pouting? Are you not feeling well?" Jungkook turned back, his one hand cupping the other's face.

"No I just... Yoonji... she called me just now to say... well, in short, it seems like Jimin and Yoongi hyung talked it out last night and... they're all good now."

"Is that so? Then why are you sad about it?" Jungkook tilted his head to see if Taehyung changed his expression, but he was still pouting.
"I thought you're pouting because you're sad that I'm going but--" he pretend to shake his head but ended up chuckling when the other hit his arm with a smile.
At least Taehyung is finally smiling now.

"No... I heard their stories and it was all because of some misunderstandings and bad timings, and... I just feel sad that all of them had to go through because of it. If they talked it out before, they would've been living happily instead of hurting themselves."

Jungkook, lifting the other's face holding his chin, smiled faintly, "just think like... everything that's happening has its own timings to happen, late or early, it's all for the best, for us to be at our best. Maybe their time was a bit late, but it might also be early enough for them to understand each other's situations. What if their faith was purposefully making it late to buy time for them so they can face it together?"

Taehyung smiled, hearing Jungkook's word seemed to give him a glimpse of relief in his mind. Sometimes he wonder how can he be so understanding and reliable even if he's younger than him, he will always come up with words that can make him relief and happy.
"Y'know, whenever I hear your words, sometimes I feel like you're older than me."

"What?" Jungkook chuckled, "you can call me hyung then."

"Shut up, I'm older than you. Why would I even call you--"

"Tae."

Taehyung paused at Jungkook calling him with a new nickname. After all those nicknames they made before, it's something he didn't expect for the younger to call him, but it really sounded sweet and warm when it came out from Jungkook's lips with the loving tone he made, deepening his voice. He hummed as an answer when the other held his hand tightly.

"If... if I'm hiding something big from you, something you won't even believe, even if it's something that could make a complete different life for us, and if I tell you about it later, will you be okay with it? Will you still love me if I was someone you never imagined?"

"What are you saying? You're scaring me," Taehyung tried to laugh off thinking it might be some kind of joke, but the laugh didn't last long when the younger's eyes looked serious. He just stared at those galaxy eyes looking at him with a bit of insecurity yet hopeful eyes.

Is Jungkook really hiding something from him? Come to think of it, there's so many things he don't know about the younger. He never asked, neither the other ever told him more about himself. Jungkook is a reserved person who tends to keep everything in himself that sometimes, he's like a stranger, but it never felt strange to be in love with him.