Chapter 11

The sky was cloudy, hiding the sun that could've peaked its sunlight through the white curtain of the window.
Taehyung opened his eyes and look around.

"When did I come here?"
He said to himself when he found himself in his room instead, he was even covered with a warm duvet.
It was so comfortable that he didn't even want to move but he had to wake up since it was already late. He just sighed and got down from the bed, trailing his feet lazily towards the bathroom. After taking a warm bath, he wore a dark blue pyjama and went downstairs just to see Jungkook in the kitchen, making breakfast.

"Uh? You're still here this late? You won't go for work today?"
Taehyung asked as he sat on one of the chair.

"Do you expect me to work even in weekends too?"
Jungkook said without giving even a glance at Taehyung as he give him the pancake he made.

"Ah... Right. It's weekend."
Taehyung said with a nod as he looked at Jungkook who sat on the chair opposite to him and quietly start eating his breakfast. It would be a lie if he say he didn't feel relieved to see Jungkook normally cooking like usual. He thought the other was never going to come back again after what happened the previous day.
"When did you come back yesterday?"
He never planned to ask that since it was going to make him look more obvious that he waited for him but he did.

"Why?"
Jungkook didn't even look at him and continued eating.

Well. That's more worst. Why did he even ask him that?
"You came back very late right? Was there more work to do even in midnight? You shouldn't overwork yourself you know. It's not good for your hea---"

"Why do you care about that by the way? Whether I come back late or not, you shouldn't care right? We agreed to mind our own business. Right?"
Jungkook cut Taehyung off and got up from his chair taking the plate with him and kept them in the sink.

If not for the sound of water from the basin where Jungkook was washing his hands, the whole house would've been occupied by silence. Taehyung just sat there without saying anything. He couldn't find any word to say because he himself stated that they shouldn't mind each other's business. But why he felt so bothered when Jungkook didn't paid much attention to him? That's what he wanted right? It's not like they casually chat each other before, all they do was always to bicker among each other on small things but why did he find the silence between them more disturbing?

The silence would've continued if not for the door bell that rung all of a sudden. Taehyung took this chance to get out of their awkward silence and went to open the door only to reveal his mother standing in front of the door.

"Mom?"

"How are you my dear? I miss you so much."
Mrs. Kim smiled and gave her son a warm hug patting his back softly.

"I'm good. I miss you too."
Taehyung hugged his mother back tightly as a drop of tear escaped from his eyes. He didn't know why but he was already in the verse of crying when Jungkook didn't give response to him nicely and now that he could see his mother again after so many days, he suddenly felt so emotional that he cried in her arms.

"Aww... Are you crying? Do you miss me that much huh?"
Mrs. Kim wiped the tears from her son's face and ruffled his hair as they entered the living room together.

"Oh? Mom?"
Jungkook greeted Mrs. Kim with a bow as he lead her to sit on the couch.

"How are you? It's weekend and both of you must be home so I thought why not visit you two today."
She took her seat on one of the couch comfortably while Taehyung sat beside her.

"We're doing good, Mom."
Jungkook said with a smile.
"What would you like to have here Mom? Should I make something for you?"

"No need. I just had my breakfast. Come here and sit. Let's have a chat together."
She smiled as Jungkook sat beside Taehyung.
"So... Are you both enjoying? Did my son cause any trouble for you? If he did, just teach him a lesson so that he can behave. We spoiled him too much."