Chapter 43

Hello Purples! I'm back 😅

First of all, I'm really sorry for ghosting you all for over a month. 😭

But I'm back here again with a new chapter
Hope you'll enjoy 💜

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

Jungkook asked, rubbing his wet hair with the white towel.
It was already late when they returned from Jungkook's parent's house and he presumed Taehyung might already be sleeping but he found him sitting on the bed instead.

"I was waiting for you. Why did you take so long to take a shower?" Taehyung pouted, holding the hair dryer he kept ready for the younger. "Come here. Let me dry your hair."

Jungkook chuckled as he sat down on the shaggy rug in front of the bed while Taehyung sat over the edge of the bed with his legs hanging down so Jungkook can rest his back on the bed between his legs.

"I thought you might already be sleeping by now," he smiled, closing his eyes when Taehyung rubbed his hair with the towel before using the dryer, it kinda felt satisfyingly good when the other run his fingers through his hair.

He almost drift to sleep when he felt Taehyung's soft lips on his forehead. He chuckled, lifting his head to see the other smiling at him.

"It's done," Taehyung ruffled the younger's hair, "were you sleeping?"

"Almost."

And both laughed when Jungkook crawled up the bed, grabbing Taehyung's waist and the other just giggled as he fell back with Jungkook straddling him.

"You're heavy." Taehyung could only giggle when Jungkook bend down to nuzzle his nose on his neck, but ended up hugging the chuckling male. He just smiled with his fingers running through the younger's hair, feeling the soft breath over his neck.

With a couple minutes of peaceful silence comforting the room, the two just stayed like that for a while until Taehyung whispered called the younger's name and Jungkook just hummed as an answer, tightening his arms around the other.

"I think your mom is great."

Jungkook paused for a second before curling his lips into a smile, he didn't expect the other to say it out of nowhere. "Yeah, I know she is."

Taehyung smiled at that, recalling how she cared for her son. "I'm kinda envious of you. For having her as your mother."

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows a bit, "why would you be? She's your mother-in-law. So basically, she's also your mom."

Taehyung chuckled, but it's true that he's envious of the younger— he wished his parents were a bit more understanding, like Jungkook's.
Of course he knows they care for him, of course he knows they love him, they give him everything he needs, they let him have every single things, to live a luxurious life. But they don't understand him, they don't understand what he wants is not those luxurious things they gave him, they don't understand those expensive things are not what makes him happy, they don't understand their overprotectiveness would keep his freedom away.

But it doesn't mean he doesn't love his parents— he loves them, very much. It's just that... he just wanted a more free life, away from all those luxurious things he's tired of, he just wanted to live, doing whatever that makes him happy. He wanted some freedom where nobody stops him from going wherever he wants, where nobody tells him what he should and shouldn't do. He just wanted his parents to support him in what he want to do, he just wanted them to understand him a bit.