Cangrejo VIII

"Second quarter," says Vick. "I'm pumped."

So let's pretend the author did not mess up the pacing of the book again and let's say they sorta just breezed through the second quarter and not much really happened except that Cangrejo increased their point gap even further.

"Good work in the 2nd quarter, guys!"

"Hey, Ina. Mind subbing me?" asks Rubye.

"What? Sure—"

"Why?" asks Carrie.

"Tired."

"Alright, seems fair. Go drink some Ja—" says Carrie. She looks at Ann just a few seats away. "Uhm, I mean, melted ice."

"Will you be back for the 4th quarter?" asks Ina.

"Maybe. Or maybe not."

"Gotta love it when people's answers are so specific, man."

"M-hmm."

"We've got less than a minute of down-time left," says Carrie. "Vick, you still good?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I mean, you're literally the only reason the team can make it this far."

"Valid point but fuck you."

"Let's just keep it up, then, shall we?" says Gwen. "Andale Cangrejo!"

"DEROTARLOS! ANDALE CANGREJO! DEROTARLOS!"

"VAMOS CRUSADOS! VAMOS CRUCIFIJO! C! R-U-C! I-F-I! J---O! CRU-CI-FI-JO!"

"Alright, let's go!"

CRUCIFIJO: 29

CANGREJO: 44

Carrie immediately passes the ball backwards to Gwen, who dribbles until she scores a lay-in. Then Jaimie gets the ball next, but Vick happens and Cangrejo gets a second shot.

"ANDALE CANGREJO! DEROTARLOS!"

Kit manages to get the ball and passes to Rica, and though Carrie tries to guard her she does a cross-step and scores.

"Hmm so Crucifijo has their own Vick now, huh"

"Nah, I can handle her," says Vick. She gets the ball and dribbles all the way until scoring a 3-pointer.

"Nice."

"ANDALE CANGREJO! DEROTARLOS!"

"Fun fact for chapter filler I guess, did you know that in Kuroko no Basuke, pretty much half the Winter Cup matches end up with Seirin having exactly one point more than the opponent team?"

"Oh wow talk about A+ plot armour."

"I mean duh they are the protagonists, and the last ten seconds of every match must always be very dramatic."

Carrie scores another on her own, and Kit follows with another 3-point shot afterwards. Then some time passes and blah blah blah blah

CRUCIFIJO: 43

CANGREJO: 58

Vick marks Jaimie as Jorge holds the ball. Then Jaimie gets passed to but Vick tries to snatch the ball anyway.

"CANGREJO FOUL - VICK SPEARS!"

"VAMOS CRUSADOS! VAMOS CRUCIFIJO! C! R-U-C! I-F-I! J---O! CRU-CI-FI-JO!"

"Nice," says Jorge.

Jaimie jumps for the free throw and misses, but Mandee manages to score a rebound. Then Ina passes to Andrea, who passes sideways to Vick and after she moves forward a bit she scores yet another 3-point shot.

"Wew"

CRUCIFIJO: 53

CANGREJO: 67

"Two minutes left! Come on, Vicky! Get the funny number!"

"No, you do it, Gwen." She passes to her. "Immature bastard."

"Fine." She tosses the ball up and in. Rica gets the ball next and passes to Kit who does 3 points.

"VAMOS CRUSADOS! VAMOS CRUCIFIJO! C! R-U-C! I-F-I! J---O! CRU-CI-FI-JO!"

"ONE MINUTE LEFT IN THE 3RD QUARTER!"

"LET'S GO!" shouts Carrie, making a quick pass to Andrea. Mandee, Jorge, and Kit set up a triple block, but Andrea passes back to Vick because Rica who was guarding her stupidly decided to blink in the middle of the game.

"Imagine blinking while playing a fast-paced and very intense sport like basketball," says Gwen.

"M-hm, says Vick, doing another fumken 3 point shot.

CRUCIFIJO: 56

CANGREJO: 72

"ANDALE CANGREJO! DEROTARLOS! ANDALE CANGREJO! DEROTARLOS!"

"Nice work, guys!"

"Wanna aim for 100?" asks Vick.

"Oho. That's on you."

"Wtf dude, basketball is supposed to be a team sport."

"Anyway, let's make good use of our time. Rest up, drink our water... stuff."