Cangrejo IV

Vick ties her shoelaces.

"Let's do this, guys!" burst Carrie. "Cangrejo, all together!"

"ANDALE CANGREJO! DEROTARLOS!"

"Just like last year, folks," chirps Andrea.

"I'm a bit nervous," wails Ina. "But we can do this, right?"

"Of course we can," replies Rubye. "Right, Vick?"

"Yeah," she answers.

"Well? Let's go, go, go!" Carrie screams.

On Cangrejo: Carrie Dagenhart, point guard; Andrea Lachowski, shooting guard; Ina Evanston, small forward; Dorothy "Vick" Spears, power forward; Rubye Königer, centre.

On Navio: Franziska Karsworth, point guard; Coco Preacher, shooting guard; Juliette Cannon, power forward; Jaina Foster, power forward; Cornelia "Corny" Preacher, centre

A/N: Instant regret not remembering who played on Navio's basketball team ://

"Is everyone ready?" asks Coach Abbott.

"Ready!" shout Carrie and Franziska.

"ANDALE CANGREJO! DEROTARLOS!"

"N-A! TO THE V-I-O! LET'S GO, NAVIO!"

Abbott tosses the ball up. "Jump ball!"

Corny, the taller of the two centres, easily overpowers Rubye in getting the ball, and she immediately passes to Coco. Andrea guards her, but she passes to Franziska, who shoots.

"Darn, they're quick!" wails Ina.

"It's fine! It's just the first shot," replies Carrie, who had the ball. "Andrea, three points!"

Andrea catches and immediately shoots. Then, Jaina catches the ball as it drops, and dribbles halfway.

I won't let you.

Vick guards Jaina. As she tries to pass to Juliette, Vick palms the ball and passes to Carrie. She turns around and runs, with Carrie passing back. Vick jumps, and shoots.

"ANDALE CANGREJO! DEROTARLOS!"

Jaina long passes to Franziska, and she passes to Coco, who shoots. She misses, but Corny quickly rebounds.

"N-A! TO THE V-I-O! LET'S GO, NAVIO!"

"Ina!" shouts Carrie, passing. "Don't let Juliette get it!"

"Who's Jul—"

Juliette swiftly takes the ball away and passes to Franziska, who shoots again.

"Darn it!" curses Andrea. "It's fine, Ina."

"Vick!" shouts Rubye, about to pass. Juliette and Coco start double-teaming her. She turns around and passes to Carrie, who shoots.

"Nice!" cheers Rubye.

"ANDALE CANGREJO! DEROTARLOS!"

Corny passes to Juliette. Carrie and Andrea double-team her; Juliette decides "no" and drives through them, and lays the ball in.

"N-A! TO THE V-I-O! LET'S GO, NAVIO!"

"Darn, she's fast," comments Carrie. "Oh well. We'll just have to do better!"

"What do we do?" asks Ina.

"Vicky!" shouts Carrie.

Vick shoots as soon as she gets Carrie's pass.

"ANDALE CANGREJO! DEROTARLOS!"

Then Franziska handles the ball, and passes to Jaina, who passes to Coco, who shoots for three points.

"Nice, Coco!" yells Corny.

"You Navios have a long way to go!" counters Andrea.

"N-A! TO THE V-I-O! LET'S GO, NAVIO!"

Rubye passes to Carrie.

"You can do it, Ina!" shouts Carrie, passing to her. Ina shoots, and scores.

"ANDALE CANGREJO! DEROTARLOS!"

Navio: 11

Cangrejo: 13

Franziska zooms to the other side of the court, and shoots. Andrea catches and passes to Vick, who drives through and passes to Rubye, who lays in. Jaina passes to Coco who shoots again, but Carrie catches, and passes to Vick who shoots her own three-pointer.

Juliette, now in possession of the ball, is blocked by Rubye and Vick. Vick, attempting to block her, accidentally pokes her instead.

The whistle blows. "DOROTHY SPEARS, THIS IS YOUR FIRST FOUL!" shouts Abbott.

frick

"JULIETTE CANNON, ONE FREE THROW!"

Juliette stands before the line.

She dribbles twice, then shoots. It bounces off the rim, and Rubye rebounds. Jaina passes to Juliette, who then passes to Coco, who shoots. Carrie takes possession, and passes to Andrea, who scores a long shot. Corny throws the ball to Franziska, who scores. Rubye passes to Ina, but she's blocked and she passes to Carrie, who scores. Juliette drives through the court again, and passes to Jaina, who shoots for three points. Ina passes to Vick, who scores a regular shot.

Navio: 24

Cangrejo: 26

One minute remains in the first quarter.

"N-A! TO THE V-I-O! LET'S GO, NAVIO!"

Juliette passes to Corny, but Vick intervenes and passes to Carrie, who shoots.

"ANDALE CANGREJO! DEROTARLOS!"

Franziska dribbles and passes to Coco. She attempts a shot but misses, then Jaina jumps and rebounds.

"THIRTY SECONDS LEFT!"

Rubye passes to Vick, but Franziska and Juliette both guard her at the same time.

shit

Vick jumps from where she is, and shoots, but it misses. Ina picks it up and lays in.

"Nice one!" exclaims Andrea.

"Ten seconds left!" shouts Carrie. "We got this!"

Franziska dribbles as fast as she can and stops to shoot before the three-point line.

"N-A! TO THE V-I-O! LET'S GO, NAVIO!"

Navio: 29

Cangrejo: 30

"FIRST QUARTER UP!"