Campana IV

"Hey, Sandee," says Kat. "Ya ready?"

"Of course I am," Sandee answers. "What set are you doing?"

"I can do first," she offers. "Here's the thing. We don't wanna rely on third set to win. If we can get the first two sets, then there won't be hassle on third."

"Why? Who else is on our team?"

"Brianna Corporal. 9-B if I'm not mistaken," she answers. "Then another, Elsie Stickler, Year 8. I guess you'll take second set?"

"Yeah," Sandee affirms. "I guess."

"ANDALE CANGREJO! DEROTARLOS!" shout a buncha smol gals in red.

...these are our opponents? Oh well. I shouldn't judge them.

"We can do this, Kat!" shouts Lad.

"C-A! C-A-M! C-A-M-P-A-N-A! CAMPANA! HEY! HEY! CAMPANA, HEY! HEY!" they cheer.

"Are you both ready?" asks Coach Ripley.

"Let's do this!" shouts Kat.

"We meet once again, Kat!" yells Andrea.

"We're gonna beat the shit outta you in football, just wait and see," says Kat.

um, that's later on in the day... Or week... So... ?????????

"Captains, to me," says Ripley.

"I'll take heads," offers Andrea.

"Fine. Tails," replies Kat.

Ripley flips. "Tails!"

god darn it Kat, because I'm doing second set I'm gonna serve second...

A/N: I've forgotten almost everything about badminton since I haven't played/written about it in a long time so

"Alright," says Ripley, handing Kat the shuttlecock. "Serve when you're ready."

Kat tosses the shuttlecock up and hits. They rally on.

2-0

"NICE, KAT!" shouts Sandee.

"EVERYBODY CHEER!" shouts Lad.

"C-A! C-A-M! C-A-M-P-A-N-A! CAMPANA! HEY! HEY! CAMPANA! HEY! HEY!"

"CAMPANA, SERVE!" shouts Ripley.

Kat tosses again.

"Hey, Sandee," Brianna calls. "What time is it?"

Sandee looks at her watch. "It's almost 10:10—"

"Hah, tricked you!"

She really had to ask the time while I was holding that bottle of Jatorade, huh?

Good thing it was empty.

"...Um, Sandee?" says Lad. "You know Ann Lawson, right?"

"Yeah, she's from our class," Sandee replies. "Why?"

"You're holding an empty Jatorade bottle," she points out.

shit

"QUICK! CLEAN THE EVIDENCE!"

"Y-YOU TAKE THE BOTTLE!" shouts Sandee, passing it to Brianna.

"WHAT? WAIT, WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU—"

"SHUT UP AND DISPOSE OF THE EVIDENCE SANDEE WAS DRINKING FROM THAT!" shouts Lad.

"Yo, you're in deep shit, Sandee!" says Vick, magically appearing out of nowhere for plot convenience.

"VICK, YOU TAKE IT!" screeches Sandee, snatching the bottle away from Brianna.

"W-What?!" screams Vick. As soon as she gets passed the bottle, she immediately does one of her weird trick shots again and yeets the bottle over to a rubbish bin, and it goes in. Never mind that the trash can was actually all the way at the opposite end of the gym, but who cares.

"Yeet, you go grill," Hana commends.

"...Grill?" responds Vick.

"Sorry, typo!"

Meanwhile there was Lad curled up and shaking in her seat. "She'sVickSpearsofCangrejoandthatkidissomebodywe'reupagainstinbasketballohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshpleaseLorddontletusCampanerosloseagainstthisshortassmadladofashootingguard..."

She's actually more of a power forward, but whatever.

"Yo, guys!" shouts Kaitlyn, another kid we're all familiar with who also happens to step into the audience. "CAMPANA'S WINNING, Y'ALL!"

"C-A! C-A-M! C-A-M-P-A-N-A! CAMPANA! HEY! HEY! CAMPANA! HEY! HEY!"

"What's the score?" asks Vick.

"6-2," Sandee answers.

"If only it was 6-9," remarks Vick.

"That'd be really ni—" replies Kaitlyn. "Waaait, I'm not falling for that one! Cangrejo winning is fucking bullshit!"

"Nah, man, we're all chill with each other," says Hana. "We're gonna be cool with Cangrejo even if they win—"

"nAnI????!!!1!1!1!!?!!!1!!!!?!!!!!!!1! fReNz wiD cAnGrEjO???!!!!1!!1?!!1!!! iMpOsSiBlE!!!!!!1!1!! I WILL NEVER!!!!!!!1!1!!!!!"

A/N: Here's a rare photo of this specific SportsFest scene, 2019, colorised

"CAMPANA, SERVE!"

"It's 8-2 now!"

This is gonna take a while

14 - 5

"Y'all, Kat just needs six more points!" shouts Vick. "CANGREJO, LET'S STEP UP OUR GAME—"

"Actually it's 11," corrects Sandee. "Regardless, fuck you."

"SOMOS LUCHADORES, CAMPANA! SOMOS LUCHADORES, CAMPANA!"

"Can't y'all just cheer something new for once?" complains Vick. "We have our new cheer, and Navio has their new cheer, and so does Crucifijo."

*laughs in Frisbee, both matches*

"You say Cangrejo has a new cheer?" snarls Kaitlyn. "I thought that was simply because you had errors in your first? Yeah, both the old and new cheer suck, by the way."

Vick stares off to the side. "Frick."

"What's the score?" asks Hana.

"17 to 6!" cheers Lad. "LET'S GO, CAMPANA!!!"

"C-A! C-A-M! C-A-M-P-A-N-A! CAMPANA! HEY! HEY! CAMPANA! HEY! HEY!"

Huh, still not sure who's winning

...

okay time skip