Cangrejo V

"How the fuck are we losing against Navio?!" wails Andrea.

"Girl?" replies Carrie. "Navio beat our guys. Hard."

"Mm, point there."

"Vick?" Rubye calls out. "Ya good?"

"Yeah, what makes you think I ain't?"

"You missed like, two shots," she says. "But you never miss shots."

Vick hesitates. "So?"

"Nothing, I guess."

"You're gonna continue playing?"

"Yeah."

"About Navio, though..." mutters Carrie.

"Yeah, Juliette's pretty fast," admits Andrea. "She's like, Navio's Vick but slightly worse-"

"Still a threat," interrupts Carrie. "Well, as long as we're all still okay, I don't think we need to change anything."

"Yeah," replies Ina. "I think we're good."

"ON THREE!" shouts Carrie. "ONE, TWO-"

"ANDALE CANGREJO! DEROTARLOS!"

"GO GO GO CANGREJO!" shouts Martyn from the audience.

Carrie begins with the ball in hand, then the whistle blows.

She passes to Vick, who dribbles a short distance and shoots for three points. Jaina passes to Franziska, who shoots but misses; Rubye then long-passes to Andrea but she misses her three-pointer as well. Corny passes to Coco, and after a short dribble she passes to Juliette who shoots. Vick catches, and on her own moves to the three-point line and scores. Corny gains possession again, but this time passes to Juliette, who shoots a three-pointer.

"N-A! TO THE V-I-O! LET'S GO, NAVIO!"

Navio: 34

Cangrejo: 36

Rubye passes to Vick, but she's quickly guarded by Corny and Juliette. She dives, cross steps to the side, then shoots another hoop.

"Darn," reacts Ina. "Nice!"

"No prob," she replies.

"Watch out for Juliette!" warns Carrie. As Juliette passes to Coco, Vick moves in between and passes to Rubye, who scores again. Corny passes to Franziska, who passes again to Jaina; she attempts a shot for three points, but Carrie blocks the shot, steals, and passes to Vick, who shoots her own long shot.

"Seriously, Vick, you need to chill," comments Andrea.

"No," Vick replies just before she starts guarding Juliette. Jaina (who was far away from them) passes to Coco, who shoots but once again misses, though Franziska rebounds. Vick runs off, and Ina passes to her. She lays the ball in.

Franziska makes a low pass to Juliette, who passes to Corny who shoots. Carrie long passes to Vick, but Jaina guards her, so she passes to Andrea, who shoots instead. Jaina makes a pass to Coco, who gives the ball to Franziska; another shot is made.

Andrea attempts a pass to Carrie, but she's bumped by Jaina.

"JAINA FOSTER OF CASA DE NAVIO, THIS IS YOUR FIRST FOUL! FREE THROW - CANGREJO!"

Andrea throws the ball, and it shoots in.

Navio: 38

Cangrejo: 49

"Juliette!" Coco shouts, making a pass as she casually steps on Rubye's foot (and eventually locks onto her ankle as well, causing her to lose balance, though Rubye doesn't actually fall.)

"COCO PREACHER OF CASA DE NAVIO, THIS IS YOUR FIRST FOUL! FREE THROW - CANGREJO!"

":|," says Rubye. ":)."

She scores.

Five minutes pass.

Navio: 53

Cangrejo: 66

"Coco!" shouts Juliette, making a quick pass to her. She shoots, and scores.

"You Navio won't be able to catch up so easily!" retaliates Carrie, shooting her own three-pointer.

"Nice, we got 69!" celebrates Ina.

Jaina shoots. Rubye scores. Franziska throws. Carrie rebounds.

Juliette passes to Jaina, but Vick makes a steal on the ball, and she scores a lay-in.

"One minute left in the second quarter!" announces Coach Abbott.

Juliette scores again, then Ina takes possession.

"Pass it to Vick!" shouts Carrie, who was being guarded by Corny. So she does, but as soon as Vick catches, Juliette, Jaina, and Coco start teaming on her all at once.

Twenty seconds left. Should I do it?

Vick bends her knees and springs up with the ball held up and steetched above her head, then she slams it into the hoop.

SHIT MY SHOULDERS HURT

AAAAAAAAAAA

I THINK IT'S BECAUSE I THREW THAT JATORADE BOTTLE A WHILE AGO

...

FUCK

Vick falls heels first, then her knees, then the rest of her body hits the floor.

A/N: Let the bodies hit da floor

"Bro, you good?" asks Andrea.

Vick doesn't reply and instead just rolls over and stands up like a boss, then starts jogging.

The whistle blows.

Navio: 60

Cangrejo: 74

"HALF TIME!" announces Coach Abbott.

They return to the benches.

"Yo, Vick, you good?" asks Carrie. "Does it hurt?"

"A bit," Vick admits. "I'll sit the third quarter out."

"Alright," Carrie remarks. "Allex, you're up!"

"Oh, me?" she responds. "Okay."

Vick sneakily sips a bit of Jatorade knowing Ann's all the way in the field and can't steal it from her.

"Careful, Vick," Martyn cautions.

"Shh," Vick replies, smiling.

"I think we'll be good for a while, but we have to do better since Vick's subbed out," notes Carrie. "Alright, guys?"

"Yeah," Andrea replies.

"Well," Carrie says. "Let's all relax and wait for the second half to start."