Chapter 31

"My oh my, I thought it was a false rumor. So it is true then. You are Lilith descendent." I look at her and right at the moment, I know this is not human. Am I surprised? Nope. Scared? Yes. "Who are you?" I asked and just laughed sinisterly. "Eun Chae... Eun Chae.. Eun Chae..." The way she calls out my name is like a burning acid flows down her throat. "Lets just say I'm the one who have been watching you ever since you're born." I hide my tremble hands behind my back not wanting to show her that I'm scared of her. Her wide black eyes watch me like a prey before she grin devilishly.

"From the moment you were born to the moment you were reborn as a witch." I frowned at her words. What the hell is she talking about? "How about we recall your memories, shall we? Come closer." I shake my head and refuse to allow this woman get in control. "No!" I turned her offer down and she just let out another demonic laughter. "Oh. That's a waste then. You should have seen the past. On how everything in your life begin to tear apart. The offer is still up, Eun Chae. I'll show you. All you have to do is take my hand." She held out her dirty bloodied hand open and I clenched my jawline firmly. "Come on.. don't be shy." I slowly fall for it and accept her second time offer by holding her hand. She hold it firmly and her eyes begin to turn fully white.

—————————FLASHBACK—————————
"Come on push a little bit more you can do it." The maiden said as the whole room filled with the woman screaming in pain. "I can't do it anymore. I do not have the strength." The lady goes by the name  Ji Hye said as she struggle to push her baby out. "A bit more. Breath in and push as you slowly breath out." And Ji Hye followed the instruction as being told.

The room that once filled with scream is now filled with the sound of baby crying. "My little girl." Ji Hye said and just when she thought the maiden was going to hand her the baby, the maiden handed it to an unknown woman. "Where are you taking her? Where are you taking my little one?" Ji Hye screamed and the pain of losing her newborn killed her, literally.

Unknown POV
I stood by the window as I watched them holding onto my dearest son. The way they love him and treat him it was as if people could believe that he is their son. I head over back to the kitchen and wipes away my tears. As the house went silent, I begin to hear the sound of baby crying. At first, I thought it was my son but he just left alone with them, heading off to a baptize ceremony. I could still hear the baby crying and I immediately open up the kitchen back door and saw a baby, bundled up in a pink blanket. There's nothing left with her. Not a single note.

The baby cried endlessly and I thought of giving her milk until to the point I realized, I myself have my own milk. I just gave birth after all. I brought the little one up to my room and begin to breastfeed the poor baby girl. "Where did you come from, dearest one?" I asked while feeding her. She falls asleep and I placed her on the baby cot that was meant for my son. "Sleep now my dearest Eun Chae."

*Time skip*
"Eommaaaaaaaa Minmin ate my food again." I immediately run to Eun Chae and pick her up. "It's okay, I'll make a new one for you. Come here." I placed the little one on the kitchen counter. "Ah.. eomma today is my birthday. I want cake." The little one said and I nod. "Of course. What flavor do you want this time round?" I asked and she took a while to think. "Strawberries." Finally. "Alright then. How about we start baking now." I suggested and she clap her hand with excitement.

Once the cake is done and decorated by Eun Chae, the two of us sang the birthday song together in the kitchen. "Make a wish, Eun Chae." I remind her before she close her eyes and make a wish in silence. The little one blew the candles and smiles at me. "What did you wish for?" I asked. "I wish that Minmin stop eating my food and be nice to me." She laughs and I hug her. "I'm sure Minmin is nice. He just loves to play around with you. Happy Birthday, I love you Eun Chae."

That night Eun Chae been crying endlessly, she mentioned about the burning pain on her neck. I decided to take a look at it. "What is happening.." I whispered as I saw a crescent with a cross marked on the back of her neck. I head downstairs and decided to ask So Yi about it. "So Yi... I need you to take a look at Eun Chae.. her neck.. there's a mark." So Yi head upstairs to my room and slowly brush Eun Chae's hair aside. Her eyes widened and she stood away from Eun Chae. "Pack her things and send her to the orphanage." I frowned. "No! She's my daughter." I snapped. "First she is not your daughter. Second, she's a demon descendent. If the cult finds out who she is, they will kill her." So Yi said and I hugged Eun Chae.

The next morning, before dawn, So Yi drove me and Eun Chae to a church known as Grace Church. She even brought her 'son' along. "This is for her own good." So Yi said and with that I carried Eun Chae out of the car. Even Minmin followed me. "Eommaaa where am I?" Eun Chae asked as she woke up sleepily. "Your new home, Eun Chae. Be a good girl alright."  I quickly leave and look at the boy who is looking down at Eun Chae. "Bye-bye, Eun Chae, see you again. My present for you. Happy Birthday." The six year old boy said before he kiss Eun Chae's cheek. "Minmin..." Eun Chae called him out, crying.

Eun Chae POV
I watched as Minmin and eomma left me in front of this huge building. My cries caught the people attention and a woman dress in all black open the door. "You must be Eun Chae... I'm sister Ye Jin." I keep quiet. She is not nice. I hate her. I run inside and saw a beautiful lady in white. "She's the new girl." Sister Ye Jin said. "Hello Eun Chae, I'm sister Ha Ru." She seems nice and beautiful. I am not scared of her. I stopped crying and she bring me inside. "What do you have here? A birthday card and present?" I nod and hand it to her. "Lets read." Sister Ha Ru open up the card it is colorful and there's a drawing of me and Minmin. "Can you read or do you want me to read?"  I point at her and she begin to read out loud. "Okay then lets read together..."

Happy Birthday, Eun Chae
I luv u
From:
mIN YoOnGI

A/N: NOW LET ME SEE HOW MANY OF YOU READERS CAN UNDERSTAND THE FLASHBACK

Here's a quick explanation:
If you read Devil's Meal. You all know that Aunt Yoong had to give Yoongi away to a family. The Min's family. Now in this flashback scene, Aunt Yoong actually stayed with the Min's family as the maid in the house.

Make things simple:
-An unidentified woman took Eun Chae away from her mother as soon she's born.
- the unknown pov is Aunt Yoong.
-After little Eun Chae's six years old birthday, the marked on her neck appeared, which identify her as Lilith descendent.
-Minmin who bullied Eun Chae in the past is Min Yoongi.
-So Yi is Yoongi's adopted mother who is also part of Agma cult. This means she is aware about the whole witchcraft/Lilith situation that is why she told Aunt Yoong to send Eun Chae away in order to protect her from getting killed.