Chapter 40

"Eun Chae! I'm sorry. I don't think I can join you for lunch. I have something urgent to attend to." Irene said as she said while looking at her phone. "Hmm seriously? You're the one who invite me out for lunch. Plus we've ordered our food." I frowned as I look at her. "I am truly am sorry. I'll make it up to you. Your friend will be here right to join you for lunch?" I nod and she then hugged me. "I'll see you on my next shift." She said before she grabbed her bag and leave. A few minutes after she left, Taehyung walks in and sit down at where Irene seated earlier on. "Where's Irene?" Taehyung asked and I just simply sigh. "She left. Something came up." I replied before taking a sip on my drink. "You don't mind eating whatever we ordered right?" I asked. "Yeah I don't mind." He replied.

"Eun Chae, can I ask you something?" Taehyung suddenly sounded serious. "If you remember your past what will you do? Will you accept it or do something about it?" I raise my brow thinking for a moment. "I'm not sure Taehyung. It depends. If my past was something good and positive then I'll be smiling knowing that I had a good past bu if it was the opposite, well it all depends." I said and watch as the food is being served to us. Without wasting anymore time, I begin to eat my spicy beef soup and enjoy my lunch in silence while Taehyung just sit there and watch me eat. I stop eating and lean back against my seat.

"I am not going to continue my meal if you don't eat yours." I said as I cross my arms and look at him while biting my inner cheek. "Fine.." He begin to eat his meal. "Maria is planning to make you as her bridesmaid." I coughed almost choking on the spiciness of the soup. I grabbed my glass of water and drink it. "She can get down on her knees and kiss my feet." I replied and Taehyung laughed. "You know she can do more than that right. She might even willing to pull you into Threesome with her fiance." I roll my eyes. "Not going to happen. I don't even want to attend the wedding. After what they did, I feel like it is best not to be in touch with the rest of the members. I am trying my best to resist from doing voodoo magic on your friends." Taehyung give me a straight face.

"Don't think about it. You can be a nightmare without you knowing it." He said as he finish up the food. "Why do I feel like you know something about me? Something about my past." I gazes at him and I decided to try something out on him. I take out the necklace that was in my bag and look at him. "Give me your hand." I hold out my hand as I wait for him to place it on mine. He seems to be having thoughts about it. "No... you're not prepare for it." I ignore his statement and take his hand without waiting. I hold it firmly in mine with the necklace in between our palm. I look at him before I saw flashes of images. Images of me when I was a child. I saw everything. Everything about my past that made me immediately pull my hands away from his. I gasped heavily and my eyes widened.

"You fucking knew everything about me?" I got up and placed my money on the table before leaving. "Eun Chae wait up." Taehyung paid for the meals and took the money that I left. I could hear him chasing me across the street and grabbed my hands firmly. "Stop! Listen yes I knew everything about you. Even Yoongi." I clenched my jawline and trying to get him release me. "Let go of me or I'll scream." He let go immediately and walk next to me trying to catch up my pace. "I shall explain everything to you once you end work. I'll pick you up." He said before he allows me to enter the hospital building.

I rushed my way back to my office and close the door, locking it. I can't believe they knew about me more than I knew myself. I need to find Yoongi. I want to call and talk to him. All these things that they managed to find out just makes me feel pathetic. I took out my phone and dial Yoongi's number. "Please answer.." I hold back my tears while pacing back and forth. He did not answer the call. "Doctor, I want to submit few of the patients report." Jiwoo knocked on the door. I wiped off my tears and open it up. "Place it on my table." I said. She did before she look at me. "

Everything alright?" She asked and I nod my head. "Yeah.. Spicy beef soup is really spicy." I sniffle and laugh a little. Once Jiwoo left, I take a seat and run my hands along my hair. Every single images of my past runs in my mind like a movie. A tragic one. I try to call Yoongi once again and he did not answer my call. "FUCKING ANSWER THE CALL YOU IDIOT!" I yelled at my phone before throw it on the desk. Was it because of my past he decided to divorce me?

I can't focus on my work right now but I have no choice but to do it. I cleared the report that Jiwoo sent me earlier and look at the time. My shift is almost up. I need to do one last rounding before I end my shift. I managed to check almost all my patients until the last one. The one who almost died this morning. I enter her room with Jiwoo and check the reports on the clipboard. "Do let me know once she's awake. I'll write down in the report too and make sure the next shift nurse follows accordingly." I told her and she nods. "Double the IV and antibiotic dosage. The surgery wound need to keep a look out." With that I sign out and leave the room. I look at the police officer and inform them about the next doctor in charge. Only him to be allowed in with the nurses in charge. No one else. I head back to my office, packed my things and time out my duty.

I gave Taehyung a call since he told me he will be the one picking up the call. No answer. Wow these devil worshiper do behave like the devil himself yeah? Not holding onto their words. I keep calling and finally decide to just go to the basement parking lot for my car. I tried to call Yoongi this time round hoping he would answer it. While dialing his number I unlocked my car and that was when I heard another phone ringing. The same ringtone as... I heard a whistling sound and turn my head that was when I saw him. He was leaning against his Lamborghini with his phone in his hand before he slides the screen to answer the call.

"Seems like you miss me a little too much, dearest ex wife."