Chapter 37

Yoongi POV
"Look I did not kill Yuri as soon you left the church but hyung, Yuri was found dead about an hour ago. Stomach tore apart, intestine and eyeballs gone and so is her heart." My body stiffened as soon I heard the news. "She's dead and I don't think it is any of the members could have killed her." Taehyung said and I frowned. "Listen, I need you to observe if there is any such similar death happens in the next few days. Keep me update." With that I hang up the call and walk back into my room, closing the balcony door behind me.

Eun Chae POV
People said time will slow down when you're going through a heart break. Every memories you had will tend to be on a reply like a film in your head. The sudden decision he made shattered my heart into million of pieces. It feels like a nightmare to me. A nightmare that I could not wake up from. He didn't even give a good reason for this divorce.

I let out another sniffle before taking the shot of soju to wash down my pain. I totally did not see it coming. I was expecting this marriage to be a smooth sailing one even though we started it rough. I look at the night skyline of Seoul and recalled how much the little one loves watching it while I feed her milk. I was about to pour more of the soju when I realized it was my last bottle. I groaned and stand up making my way to the couch. This can't do. I need to get out a take fresh air. I grabbed my phone and house keycard before leaving the apartment.

Knowing how drunk I am at the moment, I decided not to drive and take a walk around the neighborhood instead. The cold wind hits my face and it sends shiver down my body but I really don't care about it. My feelings died the moment I left that house, leaving him and the little one behind. The streets is still busy even though it is almost midnight. I ended up at a 24 hour convenient store and take a seat there. There are a group of youngsters next to my table. Laughing loudly and talking emptily. My head rings loudly to the sound of their laughter. It annoyed me somehow. I slowly got up and enter the store to get myself something to eat. Something to sober me up.

I grabbed the spicy kimchi ramen and a bottle of chilsung. I walk over to the cashier and make payment. "Hold on.. let me find my purse. Ah dang it, I left it at home. I try to see if I can make cashless payment however the signage clearly stated cash only. "I'm sorry, I did not bring my cash. Forget it." I said and however a deep voice appeared next to me as he placed a bottle of coffee and sandwich. "I'll pay for hers too." He smiled at the cashier and I look at him. "Taehyung?" He ignored me and get my ramen and chilsung. He begin to put the hot water in the ramen bowl and add the powder and others in it and waited for it to cook.

"Come on." He carried all the things and we're back at the same table I sat earlier on. Taehyung placed the chilsung and ramen in front of me before handing me the chopstick. "Eat up. You look like someone who just got dumped in hell." Taehyung said while I slurped on the hot spicy ramen. "I did got dumped but not in hell." I said as I chew on my ramen noodles and continue slurp the soup. "Were you following me?" I asked and Taehyung shake his head. "No. Jin hyung wanted me to get something at the store." I can sense he is lying but whatever. I finished up the ramen within five minutes and let out a loud burp. I laughed at Taehyung's reaction before saying excuse me.

"Forgive me. My first meal since yesterday." I said before gulping on the chilsung and wipes off my mouth using the sleeve of my sweater. "Are you serious right now? You did not starve yourself over the fact Yoongi left you." I glare at him. Well that's it. Here I thought I would not be hearing his name anymore. I got up from my seat. "I'll pay you back whenever we meet again." I said to Taehyung before leaving. "Eun Chae stop." Taehyung grabbed my hand to stop me from leaving. "Look I'm sorry alright. To be honest, he told me to keep a lookout on you. It's dangerous for you to walk alone at night. Especially now." I rolled my eyes and pushed his hand away.

"Eun Chae, you're in danger and I can't risk to let you getting hurt because of who you are." Taehyung catch up with me and I keep on walking. "You need to listen to me. Something tragic happened to the housemaid, Yuri." That stopped my pace. I turn to look at him and frowned. "She was found dead nearby the Grace Church. Heart ripped out so was her intestine and eyeballs. The symbol of Lilith was carved on her forehead." My hands begin to tremble a little and I feel sick. I pushed Taehyung aside and vomit at the roadside. "Yeah that was a bad idea to explained it to you since you're drunk and just had your meal." Taehyung rubbed my back before he hands me his handkerchief. I wiped my mouth and he tried to steady myself. "Come on let me take you home." He said as he placed his coat over my shoulders and walk back to my apartment.

"Your keycard?" He held out his hand and I just simply place my thumb on the lock and the door immediately unlock. I enter my house and Taehyung remained outside. "I should go." He said and I raise my brows. "Yeah after you told me Yuri died, you're going to leave just like that? So much of keeping a lookout." I mumbled before Taehyung made the decision to enter my house. I head over to my room and close the door. I decided to have a nice quick cold shower before changing into my pajamas. I walk back out of the room after ten minutes of leaving Taehyung alone.

He was clearing the mess at my living room and kitchen. "Don't bother. I'll do it tomorrow." I said as I stopped him from cleaning the emptied bottles of soju. "I made you hot tea to sober you up." He said before he points the cup of tea on the kitchen counter. I head over and drink it in one shot. "You did not just chug the tea." Taehyung laughed and I look at him. "Why not? I don't see the wrong in chugging tea." I washed my cup before I felt his presence behind me. "Are you sober now?" He asked as I turned behind while he leaned against the kitchen counter. I nod. "Yeah kinda." I replied and he acknowledge it. "Good then because I'm about to do something that will be in Taehyung's most risk taking chart." I look at him in confusion. He walked over towards me and cupped my cheeks firmly in his hands before he leaned down

And kiss me.