22 | Call

22

CALL

Inseong's words pounded in Jinhee's head, she knew very well this wasn't something she should be caring about it, anything to do with her parents was none existent to her but still, she urged to know more, she never once asked Mr Choi about her parents, never once did she think that today would be the day she'd find something out after 23 years - 23 years of pure curiosity.

"Jinhee?" asked Jimin, who returned from France, since his dad was admitted into hospital a few days ago, along with the other boys, who sat on the ground in a circle, nodding at his question, Jinhee shifted her focus to the conversation, "Joon asked if there is something that we should know."

Jinhee shifted uncomfortably, "Uh, no?" she returned the question, "I'm sorry, I'm really tired right now, I need a fresh mind so excuse me" she stood up, walking towards her room upstairs while Jungkook followed each trail, 'She's not okay' was his first thought.

"Hyung, I think we should end this conversation now and focus our minds to find Junghwa" Jungkook voiced.

"But-" Jin tried explaining.

"Sorry hyung, the more we talk about this, the more I... I feel exhausted" Jungkook breathed trying hard not to break down. 

Jimin and Hoseok patted him on his back, "Jungkook it is okay to cry, we'd rather see you cry in front of us than hear you cry in your room, so let it out and I promise you, we will find Junghwa soon, very soon" Jimin spoke laying Jungkook's head on his shoulder.

With that, moments passed with Jungkook crying before his sniffles turned into snores, "We will find Junghwa" was the last thing Jungkook heard.

See the youngest fast asleep, the boys laid him on the couch before taking their seats to discuss their plans, they had to help both Jinhee and Jungkook.

-

"Appa" Jinhee sniffled as she spoke to Mr Choi, who she only pronounced as Appa when she was emotionally drained, "I want to meet you, I need help Appa" Jinhee knew very well when she needed help, she was always taught to ask for help when she needed but still she'd only ever ask Mr Choi.

"Jinhee, do you want to come home?" Mr Choi asked 

"I want to come home but I need to find Junghwa, only then will I come home" wiping away her tears, she sat up from her bed. 

"Dear, please we will find Junghwa but try to rest, you sound exhausted" humming in response Jinhee returned to do the opposite of what was being told, "I'll call you tomorrow" bidding a farewell, Jinhee stood up to look out the window - the soft breeze washed through her mind, destroying any negative thought, eyes closed, breath hitched, she felt somewhat rejuvenated.

Pressing the phone to her ear, she called Mr Park, it took moments before a voice was heard through the phone, "Hello?" he spoke.

"Sorry for the late call, but just wanted to remind you that you have just over 36 hours to find Junghwa and Sir, I mean it" Jinhee swallowed her bitterness, "I will not care about your rules and regulations when I take things into my hands" she reminded him.

"Don't worry, I'm already working on it, in fact, I was about to call you, I hope you don't mind sending me anything you have figured out, it could really help" understanding his reasons, Jinhee blurted 90% of the information she had - life lesson was to never share everything until absolutely needed.

"I hope that helped and if you need any help, I'm here" Jinhee ended the call with that, glancing at the clock, which read 11 PM. 

'Tomorrow will be a long day

-

That tomorrow had begun from 2 AM as Jungkook received a call, shouting his head off he gathered everyone, including Yoongi, who would usually be snoring through the loudness, "I think it's the kidnapper!" he spoke, "what do I do?" he looked at Jinhee, not wanting to make a stupid mistake.

Taking the phone out of his hands, she answered the call and put it on speaker, "Hey there!" a jolly voiced beamed through the speakers, "ah stupid me, I didn't give an introduction, seeming as you put the phone speaker, let me guess Jinhee is there too, isn't she?" he asked with a laugh at the end.

"You b***a**d, you have Junghwa" Jungkook voiced his anger, "How much, how much do you want? name it and I'll give it but leave my sister"

"Oh my, you still haven't figured me out or has Jinhee not told you" he smirked behind the phone, "oh well, not that I care but since Jinhee's there, mind giving the phone to her" Jinhee stared at the phone, looking over at Jimin she saw him murmur, 'shouldn't we track his phone'

Shaking her head, she took the phone off the speaker, "It's off speaker, speak!"

The boys glanced at her as she took steps further away from them, with the conversation lasting less than 3 minutes, "fine, but don't you dare hurt Junghwa" with that she ended the call and handed back the phone to Jungkook. 

"What did he say?" Jungkook asked.

"Just trust me" she spoke before trying to leave before a strong force pulled her back.

"Trust you?" Jungkook held his head, "That's all I have been doing for the past few days, trusting you but I deserve to know what is happening, she is my sister - my family" anger was something Jungkook was bad at controlling.

"Jungkook, stop you are hurting her" Jin spoke, concerned.

"Hurting her? I'm the one she keeps hurting, every time I ask her something I get the same reply but I brushed it off, I kept trying to trust her, but now, he bloody called about my sister and I want, heck I deserve to know what he said and she is saying to trust her" ears painted red, Jinhee lowered her head, "trust her with what, hyung, I've had enough, I feel so helpless cause of this girl, I really tried not hating her, I really did, I even accepted her as my bodyguard and as a friend but what do I get?" 

"I'm sorry" Jinhee apologised, "but I can't and I won't say what he told me"

"But why, I want answers, I never asked you anything, I know nothing about you, nothing" he exaggerated, "you said for me to play along with the fake dating and I did, you said to help you but don't do anything and I did - without any questions!" All six of the boys glanced at each other, knowing well that Jungkook wasn't wrong, "you know what, I think I was right all along - once a vagabond always a Vagabond"

"Jungkook!" Jimin grabbed his arm, "think twice before you say something"

"No, if she doesn't think that it's not important to tell me, Junghwa's brother, I won't think twice and you know what hyung, I think I cracked it" he looked at me with disgust, "she's just a freeloader, who is getting all the leisure here and that is why she doesn't want to leave"

"She's just another freeloader, I really thought you would be different but no you proved me wrong" Jungkook spoke disappointed, "I want you gone by tomorrow, just leave, Mr Park will take the case from here" leaving the scene, the boys looked at Jinhee before scattering. 

A/N:

IT TOOK ME SOOO LONGGGGG. But I'm here now, and Vagabond is nearing its end - probably 10 more chapters.

Hope you enjoyed reading!!

Sorry if it's bad, blame writer's block but I also got my second piercing today and I'm soo happy that it didn't hurt <3

TBC