23 | File

23

FILE

"Jungkook!" Jimin screamed, "where's Jinhee?" he asked worriedly. Surrounded by the other boys, who were as oblivious of this situation as Jungkook was. 

"How am I supposed to know, she doesn't tell us anyway" he rubbed his eyes, which were sore - most likely due to crying, "wait did she actually just leave?" his eyes widened in shock as he remembered his words from last night. 

"No she didn't cause her stuff is still here but she hasn't come back in the past 6 hours, it's 11 AM" Jimin stated, as he remembered seeing Jinhee leave at 5 AM since he went to see his father.

Scurrying out of bed, Jungkook unlocked his phone, which sat a mile away from him, placing the phone gently to his ear he mentally hoped she would pick up, he knew that he shouldn't have said that but he didn't think she'd actually leave, "pick up, damn it"

"I've already called her a million times and she has purposely declined my call multiple times" he stated. 

Letting out a heavy sigh, Jin suggested to leave this matter here since Jinhee wasn't a kid and as far as he knew, she was very capable of taking care of herself and instead they should meet Mr Park for updates or at least try something by themselves, "and I don't want anyone complaining, I'm sure there is a reason why she didn't tell us" he glared at Jungkook.

-

"Are you mad!", Inseong yelled across the phone at 6 AM, "I am not doing that."

"Oh yes, you are and now open the damn door before I break it down will you" Jinhee kicked his door for the 10th time, gaining the same reply, 'no'.

"No way, I know what you're going to do" Inseong pleaded, he knew very well his attempts to stop Jinhee were futile, she always had the spare key with her - from previous events of crashing at his place.

"Fine!" Hearing the door unlock, Inseong wrapped himself in the duvet.

"I am not going the give you the keys to Mr Choi's office" He rambled, while Jinhee plopped herself on his back; suffocated - Inseong gasped for breath, pleading Jinhee to get off him, "fine, just get off me for goodness sake"

"Okay, give me the keys" she smiled, placing her palm out.

"They're in my office somewhere, I don't know, maybe I gave them back" eyes scattering everywhere but Jinhee. 

"Inseong, please, will you just do this last thing for me?" Jinhee pleaded, "I promise after today I'll never ask you anything ever again."

Pounding on several thoughts, "fine, if anything happens say you stole it from my office", patting his back, Jinhee murmured a small 'of course.

-

"You got 10 minutes before Sir will be here so hurry up" Inseong shook his legs sitting at one of the chairs, nervousness was an understatement; he had risked his job for this.

"Don't worry, I need to meet him anyway" Jinhee spoke as she checked the labels of the files, "help me please" she asked Inseong, passing him a few files.

"Mind explaining why you are doing this?" curiosity got the best of him.

"The kidnapper called this morning" Jinhee doubted if she should tell him or not, "he said Junghwa is safe but he wants to meet me today at 5, he told me not to tell anyone so Inseong please just don't blab away"

"But why has he called you" Inseong questioned.

"Isn't it obvious, he wants me to see what he is doing is doing with Junghwa or the latter" she spoke as she flipped through the pages, "to kill me"

"Jinhee, no don't tell me you are risking it" he asked slamming the file on the desk, watching Jinhee nod her head proudly, "you're stupid, there is no way I'm letting you go."

"No, you are going to prepare a backup team, you trust me right, so all I need you to do is prepare a backup team, keeping things anonymous, especially from the police" she informed as she flicked through the 5th file, "now hurry up and look through them for anything to do with business murders"

A whole 8 minutes had passed but Jinhee found nothing relevant, "Jinhee, we have gone through nearly all files from the past 5 years" Inseong spoke, tired as his hands rearranged everything back to its original space while Jinhee's mind thought of Inseongs last few words - five years.

"That file, where is it?" she murmured, hands touching past each file, glancing at the clock - a minute left till Mr Choi could arrive.

"Jinhee, come on, quick" Inseong spoke as he opened the door wide, prepared to leave, point one finger up, she indicated to have one second.

Carefully, thinking about the last time she saw the file, she let her feet make their way to the area, eyes wandering and scanning each file until they landed on that one certain file, 'this has to be it', grabbing it in seconds remaining Jinhee legged it to the door, leaving Inseong to lock it and make their way down to Inseong's office, "you have a lot of explaining to do" he informed her as they made their way into the room.

Panting, both individual sat at the desk, "Inseong get up the data again" she said as she opened the file, reading through each case related to that topic, she tried forming links. It took a while before she saw a certain piece of data, "Inseong look, this seems very familiar, deaths caused by suicide but the one thing here is that all deaths of business heirs were from height" she analysed the sheet.

"Yes, I remember sending you the information about continuous deaths caused my suicide" he remembered that day clearly, it was no surprise about how much he sweated while hacking the system he couldn't access.

"But look here, the only businesses that have been unaffected are the top 3, well excluding the Jeons but Park's enterprise and Kim's LTD" squinting her eyes, she thought carefully.

Inseong lowered his head, "Jinhee, I know you said you don't want to hear this but it might help with this case but-" soon a knock was heard on the door, hiding the file, Inseong went to open the door, "Sir?"

"Good morning, I heard that Jinhee is here, someone saw her walking down with you so I guessed she is in your office" nodding Inseong let his senior enter. 

"Mr Choi? I was about to come to you" Jinhee stood up, placing her arms around Mr Choi, 'I'm sorry' she thought in her head. 

"My girl, I'm glad you came, Mr Park is waiting in my office to meet you" he informed, while you got up to follow him, leaving behind the file with Inseong, leaving Inseong's office after waving him a bye.

"Good morning, Miss Park, isn't it lovely to have 2 Park's in a room" Mr Park cheered, as you walked into the office and greeted him back.

"I found a lead so I thought I'd let you know, Jungkook informed me that he received a call at night from the kidnapper, he sent me the number though we haven't found much but it seems like he called from a high altitude" - height; 'this was it, he took her too a high altitude place, "we think he made a stupid mistake as we were able to track his previous location, with the help of Mr Choi, we are preparing a team to check different places around the location" he informed.

"Well that's a very good lead" Jinhee complimented him for his efforts, eyes focusing on his tattoo that laid beautifully on his neck, "you have a nice tattoo."

A/N:

ANOTHER UPDATEEEE!!

TBC