09 | Bunny

09

BUNNY

"Kookie!" Junghwa screamed at Jungkook as he became her baby sitter for a day since his parents left for Busan an hour ago, "I hate you" She plopped on the couch, pouting as Jungkook took her phone off her. 

"Hey, Junghwa, don't pout like that, mum and dad aren't going to be happy when they come back" I stared at the two converse, while my eyes forced to stay open - I didn't have a glimpse of sleep last night. 'Why did I go after him?' I questioned thinking of the possibilities of me not going after him - I had finished eating kimbap last night but little did I know that there was shiitake mushrooms and hours later I find myself uncomfortable. The discomfort in my stomach wasn't pleasant in fact it made me feel sick.

"I hate you!" Junghwa screamed diverting my attention to them while clutching my stomach, "All you care about is that girl, it's only been a day and you didn't even come to me, I hate you" Her words hurt me, however, the tears the streamed down her face ached my heart.

"Junghwa, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were hurt"

"No, orabeoni, you prefer her to me, you have never forgotten about our Monday games, you have never missed but yesterday, I sat there waiting for you, knowing you will be late again but you would make it but you never came" The tears streamed down her faced continuously, it made me feel uneasy but I was halted in my seat not knowing what to do.

" Junghwa-"

"No, I don't want to talk to you" She screamed in Jungkook's face while stomping away. 

"Junghwa! Come down, mum isn't going to be happy" he yelled hoping to get her down but instead, he was welcomed with a loud slam by the door, "I hate you" Jungkook now faced me, expressing his feeling. 

"Huh?" I asked, "I wasn't the one who decided to go to the pub yesterday neither did I tell you to go yesterday, don't you dare blame me" I spoke.

"Well if it wasn't for you I would've never gone" He glared at me.

"Believe whatever you like Jungkook" I spoke getting up, restricting myself to itch my arms but failed, 'I hate eczema' I complained as I made my way to Junghwa's room, knocking on it ever so lightly.

"I don't want to talk to you" She yelled, her sobs audible, I checked if the door was locked or not and it wasn't, I smiled knowing she purposely left it unlocked yet I debated if I should go in. 

"Junghwa?" I spoke peeking my head through the door, "Can I come in?" I asked but she didn't reply so I stood there waiting for her to approve. 

"I don't want to talk to anyone" She cried. I still stood there not knowing what to do, "but say what you want" I smiled weakly, as my stomach pained with every step I took.

"Thanks, Junghwa"

"Just get to the point," She remarked.

"I wanted to say sorry, I didn't know I was getting in the way of someone, trust me, I would never want to be the reason for yours and Jungkook's quarrel, it wasn't exactly his fault and it surely wasn't yours" I tried to form some sort of sentence, "Look your mum and dad aren't here and Jungkook took his day off to spend time with you, believe he's hurt by your words but more than that he is guilty, talk to him" I spoke as I got up from the side of her bed. 

"Wait!" Junghwa interrupted me, "I-I'm sorry" her eye which was as pretty as lotus petals were now bloodshot, the dried-up tears, the faint sniffles all described her feelings, but the one thing I didn't miss was the solidarity that glistened in her eyes, expressing the same thoughts; the same feelings; the same sentiments as I have done for the past years.