04 | Girlfriend?

04 

Girlfriend

Sitting in front of Jungkook and Mr Jeon, I felt intimidated, "So, since I am hired, we got to talk some rules out, which Jungkook, you cannot be here for" I spoke facing him. 

"Sorry but I think I'm you're boss since you are my bodyguard" Adamant I see. 

"Well, it's your wish" I made sure to promise to not bust myself in front of him, "I got some rules, the first one being you do not act sneaky with me, secondly you must inform me of your whereabouts if at any point I am not with you" Soon I declared several other rules, it was a habit; I liked my work to as sleekly as it can, "Lastly, can I be your girlfriend?" I asked not wanting to force myself on him, he looked shocked at me. 

"See dad I told she is a desperate ARMY, wow, I must say you got the guts. I'm actually going mad here ah-" He scoffed hard.

"Miss Park?" Mr Jeon questioned, wanting me to elaborate.

"What I mean is a fake girlfriend, since you are a person who goes out a lot and from what I think you have been attacked by someone else and not saesangs so if I follow you around being a bodyguard they are most likely going to get alerted and try to attack at a point where I am not with you, so if I am known to them as your girlfriend then they won't feel any sort of obstacle in the way, making it easier for me to identify them"

"Well, I'm impressed-"

"Dad, this isn't impressive, this is stupid, no wonder you didn't have a stable job," Jungkook remarked, while I smirked.

"Jungkook!"

"It's okay Sir, Mr Jeon Jungkook, you do not try and teach me, okay, you are lucky I asked and no just declared it, so you have a choice but either way you are putting yourself at risk" I saw him thinking deeply about this before a fierce smirk was displayed on his face, while Mr Jeon awkwardly looked between me and him.

"You sure, you want to act as my 'fake girlfriend'?" Grinning widely at me.

"Well, that is what I thought of since it will be weird if I am around you 24/7 as a 'friend'" I smiled back.

"Okay it's fine by me, but I got to talk to my company, and make sure you don't regret it later" He stood up, still smirking at me. Once he was out of the room, Mr Jeon apologised for his behaviour before we got back to discuss important matters.

"Sir, I'm using my real name since this is a job but my true identity should not be known to anyone even the people in this household, I believe General Choi has given you all the information about my identity, which should only be known to you and I hope I've made myself clear."

"Don't worry, he's a good friend of mine, your secret is safe with me" He patted my back, "I needed to inform you that I've prepared a 12-month contract for you to work here, which includes you living here with us for 12 months" I wasn't surprised by his words, instead it was something I expected.

"I guessed that, but I suppose I'll be living here only until Jungkook is completely safe" While he nodded.

"But you can stay here still at the end of 12 months" He suggested but I declined, I guess it was time to say bye to my house again, mentally I laughed at myself, guess things don't go how I want them, "You can move in anytime this week, I'll get a room prepared" he spoke. 

"I'll move in tomorrow" At least this job gave me the opportunity to get out of that house again, I stood up bidding a bye. As I left the room I was encountered by a smirking Jungkook; it was starting to get on my nerve now, "Can you stop smirking?" I demanded.

"Why am I too hot for you?" I scoffed at his ignorance.

"Right with all those bruises on your face, you look ugly, now get out my way" I spoke trying to get past him.

"Why darling, don't you want to spend some time with your boyfriend" He looked so serious, eye-piercing, through me.

"Fake boyfriend" I placed my hands on either side of my waistline, "and anyway I'll be living for the next 12 months so we have plenty of time" he scoffed, turning his face to the side while poking his tongue on the insides of his cheek.

"you know I'm impressed for someone like you, a vagabond, had managed to find a job"

"Right, impressive, unlike you, who is a spoilt brat" before he could add a comment, his mother's loud voice resonated the room. 

"Jungkook, Junghwa lunch is ready, come down quick!" His eyes pierced daggers multiple times before sauntering away. 

"Hey, Jinhee, come to have lunch with us before you leave, it will be my pleasure and I won't take a no" Mr Jeon basically dragged, entering the dining room I got multiple stares from Jungkook's mum, who probably hates me by now and a little girl who seemed to also dislike me, "Honey, meet Park Jinhee, Jungkook's new bodyguard, I've invited her to have lunch with us and anyway she will be living with us from tomorrow" He pulled a seat out for me. Respect - I could see the respect in his eyes for people who served the nation, he was doing this out of respect. 

'Will I be able to make my way out of these 12 months without getting busted?' I thought to myself.

A/N:

4TH CHAPTER GUYS!

So as you already know, I'm starting new thing to encourage exercise, so whenever you finish reading a chapter of my book, I'd like it if you do a 30-minute workout - this NOT for weight-loss or anything but I'm saying this because 30-minute exercise every day can lead to enormous benefits in terms of your mood, health, weight and the ability to live an independent and fulfilling life. It doesn't have to be difficult, suit it to yourself, but try and exercise. It is only an encouragement if you physically cannot then please don't feel pressurised.

Stay Safe, Stay Healthy

Avi xx