18 | Wounded

18

WOUNDED 

The scents of sterile products filled Jungkook's nostrils as he paced down the hallway waiting for a response from Junghwa's doctor.

"She'll be fine Jungkook" Jimin spoke, as he'd rushed to the hospital after taking care of his fans.

"I told her not to leave without telling mum or me but she still does, see this is what I was scared off, I can't-" Jungkook was cut short as he was interrupted by Junghwa's doctor.

"Jungkook, she is fine, just a panic attack but please be a bit more careful her heart isn't in the best state right now, follow me in" The doctor informed as he walked into his room, with Jungkook trailing behind, "She has just been fitted with a pacemaker and I had precisely said she must not exercise or exhaust herself too much, I have looked at her recent reports and we have confirmed that she has PCCD - Progressive cardiac conductive defect, now it is important to know she can live her life normally but do take care of little details"

Jungkook's heart sank, he knew about her disease but still didn't want to believe it was true but ever since Junghwa had got a pacemaker fitted, he couldn't help but worry most of the time, "I'll take extra care of her, can we take her home?" Jungkook asked.

"Yes, she is fine now, just remember to let her rest well" he spoke as Jungkook thanked the doctor and led to Junghwa's ward to take her home again. 

"Jungkook, I told you she will be fine, now stop worrying and enjoy your break with your family, Jin and I are going to France next week to take a bit of a break and Yoongi is going back to Daegu to meet his family, and the rest I don't know but I think it is best if you take these 2 months to relax"

"It's not like I can go anywhere anyway, that girl is literally caging me at home for the next 2 months or at least until she doesn't catch the culprit, which doesn't seem quite likely seeing at how she got beaten the last time" Jungkook scoffed at the idea of her protecting him. 

"Right, speaking of that, where is Jinhee?" Jimin mentioned. 

"She misled the paparazzi so I could bring Junghwa to the hospital, she should be home by now" Jungkook shrugged as he opened to door to Junghwa's ward, "Hey, little one, ready to go home" his mood brightened up as he saw his little sister smile calmly at him.

Junghwa nodded as Jungkook let her climb onto his back, "Look her growing up" Jimin smiled, "have you told your parents?" 

"Yes, I did but I told them not to worry or come because mum would just cry and dad would just give me a lecture and I'd rather save that for when I get home"

The journey to Jungkook's house did not take long as Jimin dropped them off, "I'll see you in a few weeks, got to meet my parents before I leave for France"

"You are making it sound like you will be gone forever, but I'd love to have your mum's Sundubu-jjigae soon" Jungkook smiled as he picked his sister, who slept soundly in the back seat, "See you later, remember to send me some photos when you are there."

"Will do!" Jimin screamed through the window as the two figure started to fade in the horizon. 

-

"Jeon Jungkook!" Mr Jeon screamed, "didn't I tell you to be extra careful with Junghwa, I can't believe you" He scoffed.

"I told you, it wasn't me who took her out, it was Jinhee" Jungkook rebelled, "I did scold Junghwa and Jinhee but obviously they didn't care but I'm still sorry, I know it was still kinda my fault but dad I didn't know that she had gone out with Jinhee so if anything she is just at fault as me"