14 | Jiminie

14

JIMINIE

The music reached a deafening crescendo, while others enjoyed it, Jungkook found it too loud but that the deafening sound didn't stop him from taking in the multiple gulps of alcohol, which trickled down his throat burning each and every point of his throat, "Ah" Jungkook groaned in the pleasure of drowning himself in the bottle of euphoria - his only way to forget his problems and insecurities.

"Sir, don't you think you are drinking a lot today?" The bartender asked him as Jungkook let the empty glass that personified his soul.

"Jamless, no sorry, Jackass" Jungkook mumbled trying to remember the obnoxious bartender's name, that he had once asked for at the beginning of the party.

"Sir, it is Jordan" He clarified.

"Oh yes, Jordan it is, listen, I'm bored" Jungkook levelled up to his face, refocusing his eyes to visualise his features, "I'm just at this party to drink okay, so don't bother about my alcohol tolerance" Jungkook sneered at him, while the bartender apologised for his behaviour.

"Jungkook? Didn't expect you to be here" Jungkook heard a feminine voice whisper, while her arms snaked around his neck, he decided to ignore her, "Come on the party is over there" she pointed in the far distance where many people danced, or somewhat danced while others were grinding off each other.

"I'd rather be here than being there" Jungkook grasped her arms and yanked it away from him.

"Oh, Jungkook" The bothersome girl spoke, "Won't you forgive me, like I said I thought you liked me." 

"Well, keep your thoughts to yourself and leave me alone Miss Lee!" Jungkook taunted, slurping down another sip of tequila, with a dunk of the lime wedge in salt to burn his sensations further, closing his eyes and pressing his lips in plain satisfaction. Soon he saw the figure eventually disappear but only to be sitting next to him, slurping down a glass of ancient whiskey, "I told you to leave me alone."

"Jungkook, you know I would never do that" She clung on to him nastily.

"You know what do whatever you like" Jungkook spoke before gulping down his last shot of tequila. Wobbling, his feet eventually made it out the bar, where his high school friend had organised a party, "Girls are such a nuisance" He spoke to himself, or so he thought.

"Excuse me?" A young girl spoke, "did you just call me a nuisance?" She looked at him as if he was a crazy drunkard.

"Yes I did, you know what, Jinhee is the biggest nuisance you would ever have met" Jungkook rambled, visualising Jinhee's face, "That girl, she is the bane of my existence" He gripped a bunch of his hair in annoyance, "She acts as if I'm weak as if I don't care about me or even her" He mumbled, while letting his feet drag his along the pathway.

Little did he know that for the first time he didn't think of her but Jinhee - the girl who was the bane of his existence yet had a powerful impact on him.

Waddling along the sideline of the busy and hectic road in the middle of the night, Jungkook grabbed his phone from the back pocket and attempted to call one his hyungs to pick his drunk ass.

"Jiminie" Jungkook sang in the middle of the road, "Pick me up, please" 

"Jungkook, are you drunk again at... midnight" Jimin spoke, as he paused to check the time, "Where are you?" Jimin sighed.

"I'm somewhere, I know the place but don't know the name of the place" Jungkook giggled as if he had accomplished something big and rewarding.

"That is very helpful, thanks Jungkook" Jimin rumbled through his closet to grab a coat, "Stay where you are" He commanded Jungkook, who was nodding his head like a seagull.

It didn't take long before Jimin spotted Jungkook leaning against a closed shop shutter, striding towards him, "Jungkook, get in the car" Jimin instructed, to which Jungkook obliged.

-

Morning hangover was something Jungkook loathed, his head pounded in pain, while the rest of his body was left sore, memories of last night was a blur.

"Here take this" Jungkook heard a high-pitched voice that told him to take the painkillers that were in front of him. The cloudiness of his eyes, sketched the outline of the person, who offered him the medicine.

"Hyung" Jungkook whispered, grabbing the painkillers out his hand aong with the water.

"Don't worry, I've informed your mum, so you can stay the day here" Jimin informed me, "thanks to Jinhee we got 2 months off, so what are you planning on doing?" Jimin asked Jungkook, who gulped down the medication and water in one go.

"I have no idea, maybe just play animal crossing" Jungkook shrugged, knowing well he was basically grounded for the next 2 months, "Hyung, what do you think about Jinhee?" Jungkook asked curiously.

"Why do you ask?" Jungkook shrugged at Jimin, who was smirking, "Well, she seems nice unlike Ha-" Jimin shut his lips tight, "Unlike you" he immediately corrected.

"Right, but don't you think she is annoying?" Jungkook tried proving a point.

"I don't know her as well as you do so I can't say if she is or not but from what I've seen she is an amazing person" Jimin spoke sincerely, "maybe it is because she reminds me of my mum so I just connect with her better." Jimin was right, even Jungkook could see that she looked much like Jimin's mum, but her small habits matched Jimin's.

"Do you think she is hiding something from us?" Jungkook asked his longing question that he was yearning to ask, since the beginning. The moment that girl stepped up to fight him, he had already had a hunch she is hiding something, "like it doesn't make sense to me how a person without a job especially being a bodyguard has such good instincts, the fact she was able to fight me like no one else could in the room, makes me curious, if... if she isn't who she says" Jungkook mumbled with a throbbing head. 

"Again Jungkook I don't know but I think you should take a shower" Jimin laughed before speaking again, "You smell like alcohol" Jimin pushed Jungkook off his bed. Strutting his way towards the bathroom, one thought lingered in Jungkook's mind.

"Hyung, you could've said Haeun, I wouldn't mind" Was the last thing he spoke before shutting the en-suite door.

A/N:

Chapter 14 out!!!

Hope you enjoyed reading, and honestly animal crossing was my childhood - I used to play is 24/7 and now I'm addicted to 'Animal Crossing the new horizons'. I think this book may last till a good 30 chapters so I may just be half way through this book.

As you all may know now, I'm starting new thing to encourage exercise, so whenever you finish reading a chapter of my book, I'd like it if you do a 30-minute workout - this NOT for weight-loss or anything but I'm saying this because 30-minute exercise every day can lead to enormous benefits in terms of your mood, health, weight and the ability to live an independent and fulfilling life. It doesn't have to be difficult, suit it to yourself, but try and exercise. It is only an encouragement if you physically cannot then please don't feel pressurised.

Stay Safe xx

Avi xx

(30/07/20)