17| Promise

-

Disclaimer: This chapter is a flashback that is required at this stage of the book. Therefore no Jungkook x Jinhee moments but a chance to know more about Jinhee.

-

The colourless rain splattered against the dull, old scrapped window, which fogged up from the unbearable cold yet Jinhee adamantly glared at the drizzles, which seemed to calm her furiously, sprouting face, as the kids laughed at her in the background, "Jinhee, you should meet your parents" spoke the maiden.

"Leave!" Was the only word that seemed to escape her mouth, trying to avoid the peals of laughter that escaped the mouth of the obnoxious kids. 

"Jinhee! They're waiting for you" she spoke again but Jinhee knew better than to listen to her, she didn't belong here, unlike the other kids, who were orphans, she was the anomaly - the one who was abandoned; the unwanted, "Jinhee, you don't want Steve to be dragging you out of here, do you?" Jinhee shivered at his name but still remained stiff. It was now or never, her plan was prepared all she needed was a spawn. 

'It is now or never' Jinhee repeated before she made her way out the door to the main hall where her new parents awaited.

"You better miss me when I'm gone" Jinhee glared at the maiden, who grimaced at her statement, all she wanted was the kids to leave this goddamn place and never come back. Ironically, this place was meant to be for those kids that needed support - the orphans. 

"Well, now that we got Jinhee here and the paperwork has all be processed, you will be able to take her with you, aren't you happy Jinhee" The unknown lady spoke, while Jinhee still remained silent, mapping out her plan carefully in her head.

"Aren't you a lovely girl" The woman was filled with happiness and glee, "I'm going to love you forever, my daughter, Ev-"

"Jinhee, it is Jinhee" She interrupted her from giving her a new identity. 

"Right, Jinhee, my darling, shall we go?" The man spoke grabbing my hand harshly, "We got a long journey to make back home."

It was fake; all fake love and affection. 

"Thanks, Ma'am, we will get going and will inform you of how Jinhee is settling" The woman re-assured.

Today was the night where the 10 years old Jinhee had decided to free herself from the worries of life. She wanted to be free. And it all got to plan in the first 2 hours of entering her new home, Outer London, she had memorised her way here. 

Sitting in the darkroom she took out all the money she had saved at Christmas, and all her valuables (which weren't many but enough to be sold). This was it, she couldn't stay here to be a maid for someone, the fakeness was written upon their faces and was confirmed as they dropped Jinhee in the servants quarter. 

The rain still drizzling but that didn't stop Jinhee as she packed her bag and climbed out the window, the bricks grazing her knees in the process. Jinhee had no idea of where she was heading to and what would happen to her but she knew it was her best decision using her adoptive parents to make sure the orphanage wouldn't come after her. 

Feeling the surface tense under her feet, Jinhee ran for her life, swirling in several directions under the drizzles, drenching her. It wasn't long till her legs gave up on her; asking for rest. Bruised, bloody and weak - Jinhee, looked as if she would pass out any minute as she ignored the bright warm white lights shined in her eyes, making the scene difficult to see.  Unfazed, she didn't realise she was nearly driven over until she heard the tires screeching, hands automatically shielding her face - primarily from light and not the mishap that could've occurred.