25 | I don't want to lose you

25

I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU

Commotion filled the cafeteria, as the woman yelled across the room, "Jinhee?" she questioned as the sea of eyes wandered to the scene - curiosity filled everyone's mind, "she can't die" as if her legs gave up on her, Inseong stared in disbelief - oblivious of her relationship with Jinhee.

"Aunty!" Jungkook walked, in a fast manner, to assist the crying women, "what happened?" just as Inseong was confused so was Jungkook, looking at the hyperventilating woman but the two male couldn't think straight, minds filled with utter confusion and eagerness.

"Jinhee, save her, I can't lose her" she panted, grasping every opportunity to inhale a pint of air; the key to her life. Seeing Jungkook baffled by the whole situation and Inseong just as much, she wanted nothing more than someone to save her, "Just go!" she shouted, trying to grasp for her inhaler.

"I'll attend her" one of the nurses rushed forward and the people surrounding went back to their seats - only to gossip and murmur. But Inseong stayed put, not knowing what to do; his mind was a myriad of thoughts - 'maybe I'm overthinking the situation he hoped.

"Umm, Inseong?" Jungkook muttered in a low voice, trying to catch his attention, his guilty conscience eating him within. 

Pounding on several thoughts and ideas, Inseong decided to take the risk, whether Jinhee would hate him after or whether he was wrong about this, at that moment all he wanted was Jinhee to be safe, "Jungkook, I'm going to find Jinhee" before Jungkook could utter a word, the males' figure was drifting into a crowd until a shadow was no longer visible - the moment Jungkook ran for it - ran for his life. 

Eyes wandering everywhere - every car, every corner - just to find Inseong, he didn't think about his figure, his image or his friends at this point. He heard the multiple captures from phones long ago but still he couldn't bring himself to care. Hearing a car pull out of the car park, his ears perked and ran towards, making sure to swiftly open the door as it stopped to change gear. 

Smiling at his achievement, he looked at Inseong, who was bewildered, "not you, we will find Jinhee" if anything, Jungkook felt somewhat guilty but his anger had not died down, I should've trusted her, then maybe she would've been able to tell me, he thought.

Both of them drove down unknown roads, not having an end destination, they didn't know the location but all they knew was that they had an hour to get there - or even less. One thing Inseong learned as a NIS officer, was to never let your guard down or your thinking mind; his mind rummaged through possible connections he could make, remembering every little bit of information from this morning before he came to his ultimate decision.

 "Call Mr Choi" he spoke abruptly, cause Jungkook to look over to him before he heard rings resonating throughout the car.

"Hello?" his voice slightly cracked.

"Sir, I know this might be sudden but do you have the possible locations of the kidnapper," Inseong asked while Mr Choi explained that there two likely locations though, the location he was it was probably not the one as he had been there for the past 30 minutes with his team and there was no movement but he wasn't entirely sure of the other team.

"But I know that they're close to some highway" he informed, thanking him he ended the call and ordered Jungkook to search the closest highway and raced his car - with the speed well over the national limit in that area.

But to Jungkook's luck, there were two highways going in opposite directions, not know which is the right direction he asked Inseong, who sped through all the road, "See if there are any cliff or high places", getting back to work, his finger tapped quick, finding one area that seemed to be at a higher altitude. Hoping for the best he inputted the data into the cars sat nav.

"There's traffic!" Jungkook exclaimed defeated, while Inseong fiddled with some buttons before a blue flashing light was visible, "I- what did you do?" Jungkook questioned, even though he knew this wasn't an appropriate time to ask this as Inseong muttered 'I'll tell you later.'

It took them just over an hour to reach the location, "Jinhee left 2 hours before 5 and it's now 5:50" Inseong spoke to himself as he parked his car, while Jungkook remained in his seat horrified from the journey - heart racing, pulsing through his chest, what was that. It wasn't till he felt the rapid vibrations in his pocket as his phone rung.

'Jimin' the screen read, but he had no idea what to do, explain the situation or ignore the call;  pondering on his options he decided to opt for the latter promising himself that he will inform all the boys at the same time.

"Where are we?" Jungkook questioned stepping out of the car, hoping for a decent answer but all he got back was a small 'I don't know', this was not going as planned thought Jungkook, trailing behind Inseong as they took a trail of stairs, eyes wandering everywhere until he saw a sign, "Inseong, look!" he pointed at the barely visible sign.

'Bungee Jumping - CLOSED' along with a dead-end, which only indicated that these stairs led to the bungee jumping site, "I don't think we are at the right place" Jungkook spoke, while Inseong thought the opposite and carried on walking.

It took a whole 20 minutes for them to reach the site and to their disappointment - it was empty. No figure was visible, no light was on, no leaf moved - it was dead silence. 

"I told you" Jungkook cursed as they realised they wasted their precious time that ran fast like sand running out of a hand, "let's check the other place, come on" he dragged Inseong, running back down the stairs until they finally had reached their car.

Inseong knew that this was his only hope, "Jungkook, can you-" a timid voice from a distance found its way to Inseong's ear, interrupting him, "did you hear that?" he questioned while Jungkook shook his head.

Swiftly getting out of the car again, Inseong looked at his surrounding once again, registering every little detail and again a faint, "help!" was heard. Feet moving simultaneously with the sound, no sense of direction was clear in Inseong's mind but at that moment all he knew was that he couldn't lose Jinhee.

Finally hearing a voice Jungkook's feet abruptly moved, scrambling through leaves, each step leaving behind a mystic crunch, "That's Junghwa's voice."

A/N:

OKAY so basically this chapter was more based on Jungkook and Inseong.

ALSO apologies for the late chapter, I've had a job offer for summer - it's only Mcdonalds lol and I HAD MY FIRST DRIVING LESSON. 

On a side note, I have some stuff to do for uni till the 30th of June so I might only update once or twice so in advance sorry for the delays but for sure I am finishing this book this summer.