19 | Interview

19 

INTERVIEW

"Jungkook, hurry up!" Jinhee yelled across the barrier. Today was allegedly the day they should've moved to the farmhouse but fate had other plans when Bang Shi-Hyuk called Jungkook at 6 AM in the morning regarding a last-minute interview to confirm our dating scandal. 

Banging loudly against the wooden door, "Will you hurry up, I've been waiting for an hour now" Jinhee scoff at his audacity; the same man who had barged into her room a few hours ago waking her up from her prolonged sleep.

"I'm coming, just get the car ready" Jinhee's shoulder slumped at his reply, 'it is just a year Jinhee, no need to get angry' She calmed herself knowing that she hated people who weren't punctual and more specifically those who cause her to be late.

Trudging down the helical staircase, she patted the invisible dust off her dress as she saw Mr Jeon sitting at the couch, calmly watching a drama, "Morning Jinhee, ready for the interview?" he asked politely.

"Nervous but nothing I can't handle" Jinhee replied as she slipped her shoes on.

"I spoke to your father, we've put extra security in place for both of you and I know he hasn't told you this but he is going to Daegu for an important meeting on the weekend so he wanted to meet you but your phone isn't working, I assume" he explained as he referred to Mr Choi as my father - there was no lie he was like a father to me but Jinhee couldn't get myself to give him that title - she despised it. 

The relationship that was meant to be pure and understanding, it was always said a daughter is always a dad's princess but in Jinhee's case 

"Oh yes, I remember him saying that and yes I damaged my phone yesterday so I must've missed it but sir I hope you don't mind me asking you something?" She asked full of curiosity as Mr Jeon nodded.

"Is there something regarding business affairs that I don't know because I'm sure you already know that this is linked to the death of business heirs but I feel like I'm missing out on information like maybe Jungkook isn't the one-"

"Jinhee, come on quick" Jungkook hurriedly ran down the stairs interrupting me, "Quick-" he stopped halfway as he scanned my figure, his mouth agape - surprised at how beautiful his mom's dress fitted you.

"I thought we were late" Jinhee spoke grabbing his arm and looking over to Mr Jeon who smiled at them, "we will be back soon" both of us bid a bye to him.

"You look pretty" Jungkook stated, confused at how your face distorted, "what I'm an honest person, now let's go and prepare some answers"

-

"What are you doing!" Jinhee squeaked as Jungkook leaned in to kiss her but her face backed away, "Know your limits Jeon" Jinhee tried moving him out the way.

"That is not how you are supposed to act, remember we are a couple aren't we, so I think you should act like one considering you are the one who started this whole thing" Jungkook stated, "just act to kiss me if needed" he backed away and left the car to rush to open the driver's door.

"Funny how a passenger is opening to door for the driver" Jinhee smiled, instantly camera's captured the scene and Jungkook swiftly put his hand out for Jinhee to hold.

"Not my fault you like driving" He leaned in to whisper in her ear. His breath slightly swashed against her cheekbone, "Anyways act a bit friendly" He forced a smile, waving to the camera before entering the building.

"Good Morning Mr Jeon, we have an interview lined up in about 15 minutes so I'll lead you to your room and calm your nerves" a woman greeted us and led us to a room, not forgetting to smile before leaving the room.

"Jungkook!" Jinhee spoke remembering that she knew nothing about Jungkook's personal life, "I don't know anything about you" 

"right, that is why I made notes for this beforehand" he passed a piece of paper with all his small details, "and for you, umm, is there anything I should know" 

"Well, I just like food, if anything I'm the biggest foodie and the biggest fan of GOT7-"

"GOT7?" Jungkook questioned.

"well, they are the only group I kind of know about but I love their songs and I hate a lot of stuff." Jinhee glared at Jungkook playfully, for the next 15 minutes Jinhee read through the sheet while Jungkook threw her random questions to know more about her, they weren't too personal until Jungkook got curious.

"And what about your parents?" He questioned.

"I don't have-" Jinhee stopped before she realised that she nearly spilt the beans, "I don't have any sort of contact with my mum but you can say I'm close to my dad" She changed the topic. 

It wasn't until the knock on the door indicated that they were up next for the interview, "We got this!" Jinhee exclaimed.

"Only if you don't mess up" Jungkook murmured earning a glare from Jinhee.

-

'This is going well' Jinhee cheered as the first few questions were just about each other's life but this happiness didn't last long till they encountered one of the most common question yet the one they had not prepared for, "so how did you meet?" Jinhee's breathe was non-existent at this point as she stared at Jungkook.

'If you can't answer anything, leave it to me' he had said seconds before the interview, mentally Jinhee hoped he doesn't say anything stupid, "We met in-" Jungkook started off but the realisation of your friend - Heyoon - hit you fast. 

Without wasting seconds you grabbed Jungkook's hand squeezing it, meeting his gaze, which portrayed nothing but confusion and annoyance, but he was oblivious of your thoughts. 

A/N:

I'm so bad at cliffhangers but cut this chapter short, next chapter will probably take a bit longer but I feel like I'm losing the plot with this book and need more Jinkook moments so I'm trying!

I will also be on EXAM HIATUS AFTER FEB HOLIDAYS!! 

BUT I'LL BE BACK IN JULY OF 2021 WITH A LOT OF CHAPTERS AND A NEW BOOK, WHICH I WILL REVEAL DETAILS OF LATER!!