01 | Back Home

01

BACK HOME

Finally, I breathed the contaminated air of Korea, stepping my first foot outside the airport, I awaited my team to collect me after my first accomplishment

Finally, I breathed the contaminated air of Korea, stepping my first foot outside the airport, I awaited my team to collect me after my first accomplishment. It had been 2 months since I had seen everyone. Tapping my foot against the concrete pavement, I saw a black Bentley making its way over to me, immediately I recognised the individual, "Inseong" I voiced out as he exited the vehicle while approaching me.

"Hey there kiddo, success?" he called me out, while I nodded proudly of my first achievement.

"I'll be at the top soon just you watch," I remarked, while he smiled widely at me, "anyway I missed all of you" I hugged him, this was my family, the family that has always been beside me when I was alone.

"Same kiddo, anyway Sir's waiting for us, so let's head to the headquarters" I tugged my luggage placing it in the car boot. The ride wasn't too long, it seemed shorter than ever with me bragging about my achievements, soon enough I was faced with my identity; my home; the headquarters of NIS.

Stepping afoot in our team's office, I was congratulated by everyone but him, my eyes wandered around trying to get a glimpse of him, but no avail, he was nowhere to be seen, "Looking for him?" Inseong sang standing beside me, I nodded eagerly, "He's waiting for you in his office, got some important matters to discuss" I immediately let my feet trudge to his office on the 2nd floor. Knocking on his door, I awaited permission to enter.

"Congratulations, my girl" I was engulfed into a tight embrace, "I had always known you were made for this, you've made me proud" Pulling away he smiled brightly, his visible wrinkles around his eyes and mouth, eyes crescent.

"I'm happy to make you proud" he stepped aside allowing me to enter and take a seat, "I heard you got something to discuss with me" I could've sworn I saw him tense a bit.

"So, I don't how to word this but you need a job" He spoke, I was confused by his words, "Look, you can't just keep going like this, being our agent doesn't mean you don't need a job"

"But this is my job" I stated, knowing well that it was only a job for me but the outside world knows me as a vagabond.

"Right, but it's only a job that you know you are doing, living with your best friend while you have your own house, my girl, I'm proud of your first accomplishment but I'm giving you twelve months to find a job otherwise I won't be able to assign you another mission, it's hard for me but the words are from the CEO" He smiled, "You need to put some work experience on you CV, it's for the benefit for us, yes we can lie but it won't benefit you"