12 | Family

12

FAMILY

Puffy clouds — cotton balls in a blue sky filled with hope and peace - the sudden tranquillity of the scenery blew my mind - the trees hustled as the light wind flew against them; the sun setting in the horizon.

It took me moments to realise, "they left without me" I informed myself, taking out my phone to call Jungkook.

"Hello?" He spoke, guess he still hasn't saved my number.

"Where are you? Did you really just leave without me?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well I guess we did leave you, just take a taxi back" he spoke groggily - 'This boy was sleeping peacefully and now he is telling me to take a taxi.'

"Wow, you are such a grateful person, aren't you!" I huffed, "Fine, I'll make my way but don't you dare leave the Bighit building without me, I got something to say," I spoke disconnecting the phone. Glancing at the bars on left corner of my phone I realised my mobile data wasn't available, I decided to walk back to the NIS team, in hope that they were still there.

"Jinhee?" General San spoke confused as he walked out of the local coffee shop.

"General San, sorry for the disturbance but could you give me a lift to the NIS headquarters" I pleaded as he stared at me.

"Did they leave you?" he asked while I nodded, the peals of laughter vibrated in my eardrums as he laughed uproariously, "They left you" he breathed, "these kids nowadays, come on, I'll drop you at Mr Choi's house, he wanted to see you" he led me to the black car that was parked behind the van.

Seating myself in the front passenger seat, I buckled my seatbelt. Awkwardness filled the atmosphere - caressing my injury, I heard San speak a few words asking if it hurt, "I mean I'm used to it."

"So are you dating the Jungkook guy?" He asked as he drove onto the motorway.

Confused by his words, my eyebrows twitch, "huh?" I unconsciously spoke out.

"I asked if you are really dating Jungkook, the boy from BTS" I finally understood what he meant but I was bewildered by his statement.

"No, I'm not but made you think that" He unlocked his phone that was held by the strong grip of the phone holder at the front, I saw an article featuring Jeon Jungkook and an unknown girl, who was me, "That's me, how? I mean we aren't dating" I stared at the photo as I realised it from the day Jungkook was drunk and he pulled me so close, the photo made it really look like we were making out.

"Really, Bighit has issued a statement saying it is true" he informed me.

My mind wandered to the recent activities while remembering Jungkook's words, 'Make sure you don't regret it later' I wish I had paid heed to his words, "I..." I paused trying to form a sentence.

"It's okay, you two will look cute" I didn't smile nor frown at his words, "But I know it won't last long" He frowned.

"I know and it's not like I actually like him, he's a pain" I smiled, "but I guess he has reasons just like I do"

"Jinhee, I hope you don't mind me asking but do you perhaps wonder what happened to your parents?" He spoke, but I immediately turned my face to view the scenery.