There's No Such Thing

Silence. A dead silence had filled the once joyous one moments ago. After watching the events that had just transpired, no one dared even breathe louder than needed. 

It wasn't every day people wrapped in the world's mess was given a break to hang out and enjoy time with loved ones. Though...It would be a lie to say that stress was always something that lingered. 

The world was confusing, a hierarchy where everyone responded to one family, where power and connections were valuable. Happiness could rarely be achieved...But some dared to dream. Families were something few could truly hold onto and this group of misfits truly knew what that meant.

Guren had lost his mother at a young age, and his father had been executed.

Shinya's family had sold him off to the Hiragi family for money. 

Mito's family saw her as simply a tool to carry out their ambitions.

Goshi was cast aside by his family because his little brother had achieved more.

Y/n had been sold off to the Jujo family as a guinea pig, separated from her brother. 

Sayuri and Shigure had only known the love from Guren's father and himself.

All seven of them had found comfort and love within the group but to many, they found it surprising just how quickly their roots had broken. As the door closed, in the air anyone could feel the tension and regret coming from that room.

The room where Guren had called out Y/n out of childish jealousy. 

Truth be told, Guren really did go running after her. He wanted to apologize and have her beat him up for being an asshole. He wanted to thank her for putting thought into their tiny little party.  He even went by the lake she loved so much but all he found was a dead trace of footsteps that he could only assume were hers. 

'She didn't have to leave.' He thought, 'She had no reason to.'

The Jujo's who had searched for her far and wide had given up. Cursing at themselves for losing a precious weapon. Mito now had to train by herself, trying to look for her every now and then, but her sister figure seemed to have disappeared from the face of the Earth.

Even Shinya, who was a Hiragi couldn't find any information about her disappearance. He had later found out that even Kureto couldn't figure out how she had gotten away. For the sake of face, on record, they said that she had been captured by vampires. 

Everywhere had led to a dead-end and everyone had been forced to keep moving forward.

Guren couldn't. He was the only one, along with Shinya who knew what your situation was. Shinya was forced to upkeep to the Hiragi name so he could pry no further as for Guren...

He suffered the most. He was still growing, trying to mend his heart, confused and hurt. First Mahiru, the war, the Hiragis, and now her. Everything seemed to have slipped from his fingers and he couldn't bear the thought anymore.

He had lost someone more precious than Mahiru. He wanted her to come back, he wanted to hear her voice, he wanted her comfort more than anything, her smile, her care, her love. His selfish desire to have her just to himself, to make her his alone became overwhelming. He had taken for granted someone he truly loved and god, he hated how much that saying hit hard to home. He had taken the time to realize that the past years he had spent with her were the best in his eyes. 

The thought of being powerless had practically coursed his veins. After the catastrophe, after his friends had died and been brought back, the burden he carried, he saw it as a hidden guilty strength.