Guren Ichinose, 16

(A/N! This chapter will be told before the catastrophe, you're 16 and attending Shibuya High under the Jujo! IMPORTANT: TRIGGER WARNING- A quick sentence mentioning rape, no description of any sort.)

Shinya Hiragi had told you all about when he was smaller and finally met Mahiru Hiragi, his betrothed. 

"And she just never gave you a chance?"

"She only kept me alive because I'm useful to her...All because of the Guren kid." He laughs

"They might love each other...But the way our clans are, especially the Ichinose and Hiragi clan. It would never be allowed."

"Right, how it all started..." Shinya says rather bored

"All because a Hiragi and an Ichinose fell in love...But another Hiragi had fancied the Hiragi woman. So, he decided to rape her, giving her his child, forcing her to be with the Hiragi instead of the Ichinose, because of that...The Hiragi's and Ichinose's have never gotten along." You say sadly

"Do you ever think one-day hierarchy won't matter?" Shinya asks you hopefully, ambition in his eyes

"Dude, I hope so. There's only so much these people can handle under the Hiragi's rule." You say, falling back on the front porch, laying there lazily 

. . . . .

"Today there's an assembly outside of the auditorium, we'll all be attending. It's in thirty minutes, please be on your best behavior."

It didn't take an idiot to realize the teacher spoke directly at Guren, simply making you sigh as you tapped your fingers against your desk. Shinya speaks up to Guren enthusiastically,

"Mahiru's going to be up on stage today, I wonder what kind of reaction she'll have after not seeing you in so long~" 

Guren simply kept quiet, his eyes written in anguish and conflicted emotions. Shinya hadn't been joking when he said Mahiru and him hadn't seen each other in a long time. Personally, you could care less about the school goddess, the times you had met her, she was never in the room. She always had this aura of always being ahead in everything. Occasionally, you were given the opportunity to train with her, but you already knew the outcome. Even Kureto would get absolutely demolished by her, though he could at least keep up with her, barely though.

. . . . . 

"Lady Mahiru." You bow your head politely before sparring with her

"May the winner shine through all." She bows her head

"I have the kart ready to take Y/n back to the hospital just in case she breaks her bones again.." Shinya said, clearly prepared 

Shinoa, Mahiru's little sister simply snickers.

Right, the bone-breaking incident. You think that breaking a couple of bones during an adrenaline rush wouldn't bother you so much, hahaha, shit, you learned the hard way. Lord Jujo had to beat the  "do whatever you must do to assure victory or assume dominance," lesson into you, and boy, did he do his job. So with that lesson, when you went against Mahiru the next day, in order to not get knocked out of the arena, you set off a..certain fuda on your arm which sent you flying back to the floor to deliver a blow to Mahiru's way...

Long story short, you did assert dominance for 1.2 seconds according to Shinya, but you accidentally stepped on Mahiru's traps she set beforehand. Knocking you out before you could curse yourself out for being such an idiot. 

Everyone on the battlefield already knew how this would end. In the beginning, when we began sparring sessions, it was a challenge and exciting to watch. But quickly, they grew boring, or entertaining if you enjoyed watching Kureto's pride and ego break every time Mahiru would best him. Mahiru Hiragi was indeed a prodigy, a horrifying one, every single time she came back, she was stronger than ever. Everyone else struggled, including you, to even dodge an attack, unless she pitied you, which was hardly ever.