Memory Blues

What was this feeling?

The feeling of someone wrapping their fist around your heart and squeezing it harshly, making her mind go blank. 

Thousands of parts of certain people, places, memories came flooding back. 

The feeling was overwhelming, it felt as if her mind was about to short circuit. 

Her hands flew to her chest and head as if trying to keep them from falling apart. An agonizing scream escaped her mouth, making the man with demon horns flinch beside her. She could hardly make out who it was, but this was the least of her worries. All that could be heard was her rampant heartbeat, pounding in desperation. 

"A..e you...r...ight?!" 

Nothing. 

Her mouth refused to form words, just pained groans until she found herself surrounded in the darkness she found herself fighting all those years. 

. . . . . 

"She had all the chances in the world to give in, why now?" The demon growls, staring at the other pair of crimson ones that bore a smirk.

The timing was horrible, but not for them. 

Their host was about to finally awaken to their true potential, and their blood was already tasting sweeter. 

. . . . 

<This will now be told in flashbacks, this takes place before the catastrophe! You're finally getting your memories back...I wonder what happened...>

Shibuya High.

It was a miracle you were even accepted into such a prestigious school. 

Well, it really wasn't at the same time. 

A couple of years back you had been...given to the Jugo family.  

You had been ripped away from your little brother just moments before your mother tried killing your brother. To that day, you could still remember the pained look on his face, the insane one your mother had held, screaming at your brother to run as Jujo followers had dragged you away from the scene. 

"Get away from my brother!!!" You wailed, kicking and screaming as you were being pulled away. 

"I'll kill you, demon spawn...!"

"M-Mom! I-I'm not..!"

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!!!"

You remembered everything, down to the details of the cut open wallpaper of the house, your brother's bruised knees from falling so many times, in attempts of running. His eyes, glimmering in absolute despair as he tried chasing after you. It made your eyes water every single time you were reminded of the day.

But now, you stood beside your Jujo sister, Mito. 

Her clear azure eyes lit up proudly, her short crimson hair pulled back in two pigtails beside her head, graced with fair white skin, a smirk on her face. Not much of a sister, you were raised as close as siblings but treated much differently. Mito was going to be the successor of the clan, you were simply going to be her bodyguard/guinea pig of sorts. 

After countless hours of training sessions and being whipped into shape, you were finally promoted quickly to a very valuable test subject. 

"Never breath a word of your tests too, Lady Mito, you're just her bodyguard, just in case she slips up." 

You never exactly found this treatment to her fair, but if you ever told her, you knew your head would end up served on a silver platter to the Head of the Jujo clan, fear kept you in check, that's for sure.