PROLOGUE

"Stop!" Philza's huge gray wings flung out in anger as he stomped down the steps of his castle. A battle had broken out in the newly developing kingdom, one from a much powerful kingdom that was not happy about their sudden appearance. Philza, king of the newly built Antarctic kingdom of the north, was not happy about this situation. The battle slowly stopped, some angry glares looking his way, and others loyal eyes watching with respect. "Why do you attack us?" His voice came out more like a hiss, his brown eyes turning to slits as if he was part cat. 

"We shall not let another kingdom emerge and steal the land that rightfully belongs to our king!" One spoke up, the other from the soldier's side cheering as if they had already won the battle. It pissed the avian off, his huge wings shaking as the feeling consumed him. 

"Ridiculous! This land was claimed by no one, we have made a civilization here and if you believe we will just give up because the kingdom of Dreamers wishes us to, you are mistaken!" The Antarctic soldiers cheered, yelling insults at the other side in the process. "If you truly wish to fight, let us begin!" and so it continued, this time with the Antarctic king by his soldiers' sides. 

+ + +

Dream pulled his sword out of the queen's chest, grimacing at the wailing of the child in the crib. He walked closer, pulling his dagger out to finish the child, still not sure where the other two brats this king had, were. But as he was getting ready to plunge the dagger into the baby's chest he stared down, faltering to finish what he wanted to do. The child had the king's hair, big blue eyes like the queens, but what amazed him was his wings. They were already too big for the child, mindlessly flapping every few seconds as the two stared at one another. They were gray, like the kings, and surely would be just as powerful too. "What an odd child you are." He muttered to himself, letting the dagger he had in his hand lower. He tilted his head at the puffy-eyed baby, a small smile playing on his lips. 

Putting the dagger away he scooped the winged child up, a few whimpers leaving them before they settled, letting the other hold them. "You could be of use to me." Of course, that wasn't the only thing that played in his mind, along with the thought came many others. For what reason he couldn't kill a potential heir to the Antarctic kingdom was a mystery to him, but it never bothered his mind as much as he thought it would. "Yes, you will be very useful." 

+ + +

When they had finally driven the Dreamer soldiers out of their land they all cheered in victory, but for whatever reason Philza didn't feel like this was a victory. The avian still cheered with his comrades, but when it was over they began fixing the damages the battle had caused. Philza headed home though, to check on his wife and children. She had desperately wanted to help in battle, but the blond had managed to talk her out of it, telling her to hide the children and keep them safe. She had listened, leaving inside the castle to follow her husband's orders. 

Some soldiers were already inside the castle, talking quietly or some helping others, or heading to the medical wing of the castle. "Rose?" he walked the halls calling to his family, desperately trying to find them. Suddenly from behind, he heard shuffling, turning around he found the middle child, Wilbur, looking up at him with big brown eyes. 

"Papa?" Relief flooded through the king, scooping the other up quickly. 

"Yes, papa's here." The other clung onto him making the father smile. He noticed the door to his youngest open, curious he walked forwards. How had he not seen that before? As they walked closer towards the door, Wilbur's grip on the other tightened. Pushing the door open more he was horrified by the sight before him. His wife laid dead on the floor, blood surrounding her body, her long pink hair covering up her face, but she was sprawled out with a huge wound in her chest. Her last life had been used up.

 Fear struck him when he noticed his oldest staring down at her with horrified and sad eyes, crying silently. Philza quickly picked him up as well, holding him close as he too started crying. Then he remembered Theseus. Moving quickly to the crib he full out sobbed in agony by seeing it empty. "No, this can't be happening." Someone kidnapped his child and killed his wife. His grip around his other children tightened, ager filling the avian's core. The dreamer Kingdom was to blame, and they would feel the Antarctic king's wrath.