CHAPTER 9

One year ago. . .

Quackity sat shaking after dieing, screaming bloody murder as he held his skull, thrashing around in excrutiating pain as others around his screamed. Tears flew down his face as the scene before it fell dark filled his mind once again. A life had just been taken away from him, creating horrible pain after his death for the poor male. “QUACKITY!” He felt a hand shaking his shoulder rapidly, the black haired male still screaming at the pain took over his body. “Quackity, it's gonna be ok! They’re chasing after him right now! It’s gonna be ok!”  It was George. George was trying to comfort the pain ridden male. “Quackity, please you're scaring me!” The man on the ground just curled into a ball, biting his tongue through the pain as he cried. Losing lives no matter what always hurts, making the person want to fully die every time. 

“George move!” Sapnap. The bandana wearing man slid to the others side, bringing the shaking male into a tight embrace. His fiance knew what it was like to lose a life, holding the other close and he rocked back and forth, rubbing his back as he hugged the other in a comforting way. “Shhh, it's fine Quack. It’ll pass soon I promise.” His voice was comforting, soft and relaxing. Quackity was still in pain, though it had calmed down some. “It’ll be fine I promise Quackity.” A shivered sigh left the hurting man, himself leaning into the other as he relaxed. 

“It h-hurts.” Quackity whined. Though Sapnap nodded in understanding. 

“It’s going to go away, I’m sure it’s already going away.” Quackity nodded. And like that until the pain went away they kept talking, Quackity thankful that one of his significant others was trying to take his mind off of his pain. George was there too, but he awkwardly stood there looking everywhere but at the other two on the ground in front of him. 

+ + +

Ever since then, Quackity had wanted to get revenge for what had happened to him. He wanted to kill Technoblade himself, and he knew that would be a goal of his no matter what he told himself. Maybe that's why he  stood in his room's door looking down at his two fiance’s with his hand tightening around his packed bag. Setting down the note onto the nightstand he turned around pulling the hood over his head. Opening the door quietly he slipped out, walking down the quiet halls silently. Though by the time he made it to an exit, a cough from behind him made Quackity freeze. He turned around to see one of the generals, a general that so happened to be a close friend of his. “Sam…” The man had his creeper mask off, it in his left hand as he grew closer. 

“Quackity. What are you doing?” Sam stopped in front of the smaller male. “Are you leaving?” The beanie wearer slowly nodded, turning back around towards the back doors. “Why? What's going on?” Quackity sighed, shoulders slouching. 

“I- um… I’m going after Technoblade. The two kids Dream has going to the Antarctic kingdom, they’ll die if someone else doesn’t go and help them. I’m going there for them, and myself.” His courage grew, looking back to the creeper hybrid with furious eyes. “And you are not stopping me.” Sam stared at the other with a blank face, before smiling softly and going towards the exit doors. 

“Well, if we want to help those kids, and get your revenge, I guess we better get going huh?” Sam inquired. Quackity paused, realizing what the other said. He raced over to the older male with a happy smile. 

“You're coming with?” Sam nodded, opening the door to the horse stables for them to walk through. “This is great! Now I won't have to travel alone!” The green shred male rolled his eyes, getting to work setting up their horses with reins and saddles. 

+ + +

Sam was one of the people there for the take down of Technoblade, when he saw Quackity on the ground dead… he reacted weird. He wanted Technoblade dead, wanted to slice his head in two like he did to the black haired male. He came close too, but of course the pig hybrid got away. He still didn’t understand the protective instincts he had for the male, but he wasn’t letting Quackity leave on his own. “It's gonna be hard to track the kids. It’s been days since they were sent out.” Sam told the other. Quackity smirked, mounting the horse he was given before pulling a folded up paper out of his bag. 

“I may have sneaked the map that shows their route.” The beanie wearer unfolded the map showing the creeper hybrid. Sam smiled, proud of the other. 

“Seems that stealth class you took didn’t go to waste after all.” Sam chuckled, Quackity joining in as he folded the map back up. He and Quackity slowly started their long journey, a journey that may change both of them for eternity. 

+ + +

When Karl woke up, Sapanp was hunched over the side of their bed with a crumpled up paper in his fist. Karl was quick to hug the other from behind, kissing the others neck from behind hoping to calm the blaze hybrid down. It worked slowly, the bandana wearer relaxing after a few minutes. “Quackity, he left last night.” This startled Karl. Quackity left last night? 

“Why?” Sapnap gave the other he crumpled up paper, letting the smaller brownette take it to read. Once he uncrumpled it he started taking in the words, each one making his frown even more. 

My loves,

I have left the castle to go after the children and Technoblade. Those two kids won't last a minute unless they have backup. I have made it my priority to get to them before they reach the castle, but also made my own personal priority to kill Technoblade. I am sorry I didn’t tell you myself, but I knew you would try and stop me. Please forgive me, and I will see you soon. 

-Quackity

Karl teared up, Sapnap now holding the other in his lap as he took the note away slowly. “He really went after Technoblade? After everything we’ve told him?” Karl choked out. The blaze hybrid nodded, now playing with the others brown hair to get his mind off the situation. “What if he dies? What then?” Karl curled in on himself, Sapnap trying to calm the other down. 

“We won't let him die, we’ll tell Dream about what's happening and get his permission to leave to get him back.” Sap calmly says. “And then when I find him I’m going to fucking make him wish he hadn’t left.” Karl glared at the other as he growled. 

“No, then we come home and figure this out like a normal couple.” Sapnaps growl grew at his words, but he knocked it off once the time traveler glared at the other. 

“Fine.”