CHAPTER 26

Quackity sat on his bed talking to Charlie and Sam, though the creeper hybrid seemed fixated in his book he was reading, only talking when it was a topic he felt he should have a say in. “I should train you!” Quackity told the slime hybrid, who stared at him in awe. 

“Train? Train me in what Quackity?” The human shrugged, thinking before coming up with an idea. 

“What if I taught you Long range attacks? And how to sneak around? You could be like our spy or something!” He looked over towards Sam after speaking, seeing the green haired male smile and nod in agreement. “Sam seems to like the idea too, what do you say? Wanna be our badass steather?” 

“YEAH!” Charlie squeals, hugging Quackity tightly out of excitement. “I’d love that! Then I can actually help you and Sam and not stand around like an awkward confused duck!” Quackity laughed at the slime’s words. 

“Exactly.” He ruffled the teens hair, still smiling widely. The problems that he was facing were out of his mind at the moment, himself enjoying this happy moment. 

“You should teach him the crossbow, maybe even show him how to brew those potions that you use in battle.” Sam adds. Quackity nods, Charlie getting even more excited. 

“Do you think he’d be good with an ax? You can’t be strictly long range or if you're forced to fight close up you could be in serious danger.” Sam thought, looking over towards the excited Charlie. 

“If you're going to teach him a weapon like that, do a sword. Easier to handle and not as heavy.” 

“Can I be a general like you when I’m done training?” Quackity’s smile almost slipped at the mention of him being a general of the Dreamer kingdom, a kingdom he now was trying to rid a ruler of. 

“Maybe! If your skills are good enough, you may get that rank!” The human answered, squishing one of the teens' cheeks. “Don’t waste your last year of childhood thinking about something like that though, yeah?” Sam frowned, green eyes looking sympathetic towards his brother. 

“Okay! But you’ll still train me, right?” Quackity nods, letting the overly excited teen cheer in happiness. A knock on the door interrupted the three’s peaceful atmosphere, the air quickly turning tense. Sam stopped, bookmarking his page before getting up. The other two stared after him as he neared the door. Quackity just hoped it wasn’t those two kings again, he doesn’t know if he can take another blow like he did earlier again. But, when the creeper hybrid opened the door he looked at the two before him in shock. He’s never seen these two in the castle before, add that to the fact they look like royalty themselves. Though he couldn’t match them with any royal families he knew. 

“May I ask who you two are?” He asked. The older one smiled, red and gold eyes sparkling towards him. 

“I am Egg and this is Foolish.” The one the other pointed to smiled, waving shyly towards him. Sam blinked, looking back to ‘Egg’ with a confused look. 

“Well ok… what can we help you two with?” Quackity started his way towards the door, Charlie still sitting on the bed unsure if he should follow or not. 

“Why yes! We’re here for him!” The person named Egg points towards Quackity, who stps in his tracks by the others words. “Hi Quackity! It’s so nice to meet you!” Pushing Sam aside gently they walk into the room, arms open before wrapping around a very confused Quackity. 

“I guess it’s nice to meet you too?” The one named foolish made his way inside the room too, letting the green haired male shut the door. 

“Kristian wasn’t lying when she said your avian side was suppressed! If I saw you I wouldn’t even guess that was your origin!” At this Quackity was confused, slightly pushing the other away. 

“Avian?” He knows that he made a slight connection with ‘angels of death’ with avians, but he had brushed it off quickly thinking that would be impossible. The memories he held of his parents, they never had wings like Philza or Tommy, and neither did he. 

“YES! Avian! Your parents must have been serious sorcerers to be able to do such a spell as this one my king!” They giggled, leaving quackity even more confused by their words. “Now, I’m going to need you to be calm or this will be way worse than it needs to be, ok?” With this the other grabbed his head, placing one of their hands on opposite sides of his head, making Quackity freak out. Sam was about to jump in, but the one Egg called Foolish stopped him. Before Quackity could ask what was happening, he felt piercing pain, a blood curdling scream leaving his throat, himself now seeing bright white. It seemed like hours before he finally passed out from the pain he was being subjected to. 

    One Day Later. . .

Wilbur sat at his balcony with Fundy in his arms, the fox and salmon hybrid sleeping soundly like usual. Though even if the baby can sleep soundly without a care in the world, that doesn't mean the father could. His brown eyes were filled with uncertainty and worry. He knew major events were going to show up on the Antarctic's doorsteps soon. A knock on his balcony door startled him out of his thoughts, looking over towards the door to see Niki there staring back. “Hey, Wilbur.” She makes her way over towards the other, smiling at him before taking her place next to him staring out into the misty forests and towns below them. “You wanted to see me?” He slowly nods, looking down towards his son before looking at a questioning Niki. 

“I- um… I need you to go home with Fundy and keep him safe. Please, when you get there I need you to send some troops here, ok?’ Niki looked at the other like he was crazy, which he had proved he was over and over again. 

“What?” she stopped, looking at the child in his arms with conflicted eyes. He needed her to do this, but she also didn’t want to leave her king's side. A gentle hand was placed on her shoulder, squeezing it in a comforting way. She looked up to see Wilbur looking back with a fond smile. 

“Niki, I know you want to stay here. But I need you to do this, ok?” Biting the inside of her cheek she forced herself to nod in agreement. Wil’s eyes filled with sadness as he brought his best friend into a tight hug, the other reciprocating it, before gently placing Fundy in her arms. “I promise, you will see me again.” 

+ +  +

Karl quickly dodges an arrow that was coming his way, brown eyes focused on where said arrow had come from. If he could get to a point where he sees Punz he can freeze him, and handcuff the male and finish this course. Karl grabbed his crossbow and shot his own arrow at an angle he hoped had hit the general. He smiled in victory when he heard a grunt of pain. Karl and Punz had both realized he sucked at close up combat, and had started working on long range combat. He was great with a bow, only having to be helped a little before those targets were hit almost every time. Even if it was one day of this type of training, both Punz and Karl knew this was fast and great progress. 

Karl quickly dodged another arrow, still trying to make his way behind the rock the blond trainer was hiding. Finally he got to a point he could see the other, flinging one of his hands up to freeze the other in time. Punz was peering over the rock, as if looking for Karl. Karl smiled, walking over towards the blond human in victory. He cuffed the male with the handcuffs he was given before letting the other out of his grasp. Punz looked behind himself to see a very proud karl, Punz himself swelling up in pride by the others abilities. “And you thought you weren't a fighter.” Karl laughed, uncuffing the other and putting them back in his back pocket. “I think we should eat some breakfast, then we can take a nap. After that I think some more training should be done.” Karl nodded, following the other back to the castle. 

“When will Sapnap be back?” Punz thought. 

“Any day now, hopefully with the Pride kingdom on our side. I have a feeling a huge life changing battle is going to happen very soon.” Karl got worried by the others words, but slowly nodded in understanding. “When we get to the Antarctic kingdom don’t leave the castle unless it’s urgent, ok Karl?” at those words the brownette got confused. Why did it matter so much if he left the castle when they got to this kingdom? 

“Okay Punz.” 

+ + +

Dream sat at his campfire with George and Schlatt, both generals talking quietly about attack strategies with the map they had out of the Antarctic kingdom. Nightmare had been quiet since they got on the road, staying in the back of his mind only talking when he felt the need to. “Dream? Do you think it would be smart to attack the villages first or the castle?” George asked, his brown eyes looking over towards the king. 

“Castle, the reason we’re doing all this is because they have our own, plus it would be easier to kill the king, don’t you think?” Schlatt stopped at the mention of killing the king, looking up with confusion. 

“Wait, kill the king?” Dream nods, his eyes still confused on the flames in front of him. 

“It is a task I wish to fulfill, but I myself know that’s highly unlikely.” The two generals looked at each other before going back to quietly talking to one another. 

I know what you are planning Dream, and I don’t know if I agree with it.” Nightmare growled. Dream frowned. “We both know that Tommy knows by now we had kidnapped him. If you kill his blood family, he may never trust us again.” Dream’s brows furrowed. As much as he wasn’t to deny Nightmare was right, he knew he was. His fists tightened at the thought. He knew if he didn’t get his little brother back soon, he'd turn on him for good. “Stick to the plan, Dream, and let’s get our brother back.”