CHAPTER 25

I think this discord server was my best idea yet. I've already made some friends on there and talking to you guys on the server is so much fun! Thank you guys for sticking around for this book, and I hope to see you all soon! Enjoy!

Fifteen Years Ago. . .

Quackity sat silently in his hiding spot, trying to stay as quiet and still as possible in the thick bushes he hid in. “Where is it?” He jumped at the angry voice, squeezing his eyes shut. “Find the fucking child! Burn the house down!” The people go to work, either looking for him or starting to light his childhood home on fire. 

“I can’t believe they live among us undetected for so long! And now their spawn is out there still alive…” Another voice, Quackity trembled. He just hoped they left soon so he could run. But where would he run? His parents were dead now, being burned alive inside the house. Where could he run to? Who could he run to? Then it hit him. The Creeper family. They were another hybrid family, a close family friend to his parents. They would help him. He just needed to wait until these people left, then he could make his way to them. Even with this new information, he still cried heavily, covering his mouth not trusting himself to keep quiet. 

“If we can’t find him, do we just announce it dead?” a long pause.

“It may have hid in the house, announce it dead if we can’t find it.” Footsteps lead away,though Quackity didn’t dare move. Lucky he didn’t as two people still sat nearby. “Damn angels of death, we’ll rid the earth of them soon.” and just like that the young nine year old was left in the bushes alone, contemplating on getting out of his hiding spot or not. He eventually did, leaving quickly to get to the family friends, shaken up and very much traumatized. 

Present. . . 

Karl looked at the frozen Punz in front of him, hands glowing the same purple and green as before. He was working on rewinding, since during one of his practices he showed the ability. He had managed a five minute rewind so far, and he and Punz were both proud of the progress the brownette had made. He let Punz go, the man flying forwards like he was charging someone that wasn’t there anymore, that someone was behind him. He stumbled to a stop when he realized this, turning around with a smirk. “I don’t think we need to work on that anymore Karl. Like I said, we're starting hand to hand training.” Karl groaned, flopping down onto the wooden floor of the training room. Punz sighed, making his way to the other before kneeling down. “It’s not that bad Karl! I’ll even dumb it down for you if you’d like!” Karl glared up at the blond man before him. 

“I am a healer for a reason, Punz. I can’t fight! I suck at it!” Punz frowned. 

“You can’t be that bad, Karl.” The time traveler sighed, hiding his face in his hands before he spoke again.

“Sapnap told me I look like a flailing fish out of water, trying not to die.” Punz laughed at his explanation, making the shorter male even more embarrassed. 

“I’ve been training soldiers for a bit, Karl, I think I can handle how bad you are.” Karl grumbled, getting off of the ground slowly sighing in defeat. Punz gave the other a smile, before getting into a fighting stance, Karl nervously following. 

“This is a horrible idea.” Karl announced. The blond facing him rolled his eyes before charging at the other again. Karl yelped, quickly dodging his first attack but missing his raising knee, his knee digging itself into the brownettes stomach. Karl inhaled sharply, flipping forwards because of the general's attack, himself falling onto his back losing any breath he had in his lungs. Punz walked over, staring down at the other who laid on the ground groaning in pain, trying to catch his breath again. 

“Okay, you do suck.” He confirmed, grimacing at the other on the floor. “We have some work to do.” 

+ + +