CHAPTER 12

Tubbo and Ranboo walked through the small village on heavy feet, both tired from their long journey and ready to finish their mission and go home. “Where are we even going to stay?” Ranboo asked the shorter male. The goat hybrid looked around bringing the coat he wore cloter to himself. 

“Um, well. There has to be a place we can stay! A hotel or maybe a forest to just camp out at?” Ranboo himself started searching, landing on a cozy looking hotel not that far ahead. He grabbed onto the others hand, dragging the other hybrid with him. Tubbo looked for what the tall male was looking at, and saw it was indeed a warm looking hotel. 

“Good eye!” He praised, making the half and half smile happily. They both walked in, still holding hands tightly neither planning on letting go. The girl at the front desk had short pink hair, yellow eyes, and porcelain skin. She was human as well, not a hybrid of any sorts. She looked up and smiled at the two. 

“Hello! Welcome to the Cozy Cottage! What can I do for you?” She wasn’t kidding when she said cozy. In the lobby there was a sitting area with couches and fluffy blankets, a fire crackling in the fireplace in front of the couches. The rugs looked soft, then a soft tan color only adding onto the nice cream colored walls. 

“We just need a room for a few days.” Tubbo explained since he saw how terrified the other was of talking to her. She nodded happily, writing something down in a book before grabbing a key. 

“I just need five coins for tonight and we’re all set!” She told them. It wasn’t a problem for them, they had a huge bag of money that Dream had given them. With that said he grabbed the bag and fished out five coins for the girl. She happily took them, pulling the gold pieces into a locked register at her side. Once she was done she handed them a key. “Now, your room is number fourteen on the second floor. The stairs are at the end of the first floor ok?” Tubbo and Ranboo both nodded. “I’m Niki by the way!” She told them. Tubbo paused, looking back at the girl before nodding slowly. Ranboo noticed his reaction but chose to ask about it later. They did as instructed and found their room easily. They pushed the door open and walked in, though Tubbo and Ranboo both stared at the one bed in the room for a long time before looking at one another. 

“Pillow wall?” Tubbo asked. Ranboo was confused about what that was, but nodded anyway. “Okay, Let's see…” He set his bags down, walking to the closet and grabbing the extra pillows out of it. Ranboo slipped his own belongings off of his shoulders, watching the shorter goat hybrid in curiosity. He grabbed three pillows, throwing them onto the huge bed before jumping onto the thing after taking his shoes off, setting up a sort of border in the middle of the bed. 

“Is that a pillow wall?” Ranboo asks, tilting his head as he examines it. Tubbo nodded, smiling brightly. 

“Yeah, it is!” Once he finished he flopped onto one of the sides of the wall, sighing loudly before closing his eyes. “We’ll sleep tonight and scout the castle tomorrow.” Tubbo explained to the taller male. Ranboo nodded, taking his own shoes off before crawling onto the other side letting himself sink into the fluffy bed. This was nice. Ranboo closed his eyes letting sleep take over his body. 

+ + +

“What do you mean Sapnpa and Karl are gone.” Dream hissed, George who sat behind him flinching by his tone. He had his mask on and hadn’t taken it off since this morning worrying the brownette slightly. 

“Well, they’re room is empty, and I can't find them. I think they left.” George explained further. Dream slammed his fists down a few times in anger freaking George out but he stayed silent. “W-What should we do?” 

“I knew something was going on with them.” Dream growled, turning towards the other male. Even if he was wearing his mask George could still feel his angry glare landing on him. “I want them found and executed.” George gasped. 

“What? D-don’t you think that's a bit far?” He tried reason, but Dream slammed his fist down once again. 

“Sapnap was the fucking spy, George. The one we have been looking for. I thought it was Karl, but it was Sapnap!” He yelled. George looked down towards his feet, fists balling. 

“Okay, I’ll make a search party immediately for them.” He whispered, turning away from the green hooded male quickly. 

“George I’m so-” The male slammed the door on Dream's words, a few needed tears falling down his face. Sapnap was the spy? He was the one they had been looking for? He didn’t want to believe it. He wiped his tears away going down the halls in silence. Seems he had a new objective on hand, finding and killing one of his closest friends. 

+ + +

Quackity and Sam had quickly made it to the Antarctic kingdom neither stopping for breaks, wanting to get there as fast as possible. They were now on the edge of their forests, looking at the castle with examining eyes. Quackity looked over towards his companion who still was looking at the said castle. “Where do you think they would keep him?” Sam asks. Quackity looked back towards it. 

“Probably the dungeons, since Tommy’s there captive.” Sam saw the logic in this and nodded, unmounting the horse he had been riding. “We should rest before trying to find Tubbo and Ranboo.” Quackity told the creeper hybrid. The green haired male hummed in agreement, Quackity himself now getting off his horse. Though before they could do much they heard snow crunching, and bushes moving. Both tensed up, looking around the area with careful eyes. 

“Did you  hear that?” Sam whispers. The human nodded, slowly pulling his sword out of its sheath on his hip. Sam copied his movements as the sound of footsteps neared them. “Do you think it could be royal guards?” 

“It’s possible.” Eventually a figure came into sight, Quackity lunging for it and pushing the figure to the ground, pointing his sword at the other. “Stay down.” Sam cautiously neared them, now seeing it was a normal looking villager. The male was a teen at best, also a hybrid of a monster much like him. He had huge green eyes, brown hair, and pale skin, though his hands and fingertips faded into a dark green, looking slime like. He sheathed his sword, pushing Quackity slightly off of the slime hybrid. 

“It's just a villager, get off of him he looks like he’s about to have a heart attack.” Quackity complied, sheathing his own sword with a grumble. 

“Villager?” The hybrid asked. Sam raised a brow at this, looking back at the slime again. “What's that?” Now both Quackity and the creeper hybrid were confused. 

“Um, a person that lives with a group of people…” Quackity tried to explain what a villager was. The slime hybrid tilted his head, curious eyes gleaming up at the other. 

“Oh, I live on my own!” He tells them. Sam now was concerned. He looked too young to be a teen living on his own. 

“What? Where are your parents?” The new found male frowned sadly at the mention of parents. After that reaction he knew what happened and frowned himself, helping the teen up out of the snow. “Okay. Well, we’re sorry for scaring you. What's your name?” Quackity glared at the other. Why was he being so nice to this stanger? 

“It’s Charlie!” Sam pats Charlie’s head. 

“Well Charlie. You won't be alone anymore.” The teen seemed to light up by the news, Quackity still confused on what exactly the older male meant.

“Really?” Then it clicked with the human. And before he could object, Sam answered with a firm yes, glaring at the black haired male. Quackity glared back, turning away with a huff. 

“Whatever, I’m setting up camp.” Sam rolled his eyes, looking back to the overjoyed teen in front of him.