CHAPTER 6

Five months ago. . .

Wilbur ran through the L’manburg castle halls with a purpose, his brown eyes shooting around for his wife. “SALLY!” They had been under attack, and finally after a bit of hard work they now are managing to push the Dreamer kingdom’s men back. Knowing it was under control now he ran into his home looking for his family to make sure they were safe. Sally, a hybrid he had met that had an abusive family. She wasn’t a normal hybrid though, being part fish and fox. Her father had hated the girl for the resemblance she had to her mother, and the fact she had gained her hybrid-like features as well. 

She was a sight to see though, with long curly strawberry blond hair, to her porcelain-like skin, to her orange eyes. Sally’s eyes always held understanding and had a softened look to them. Even with her abusive home she stayed strong. In a way, she was a role model for the other, even if he had rescued her from such a life. She had a beautiful silky orange tail, gills on her neck, fox-like ears on her head, along with a few scales under her orange eyes. Fundy, their newest addition to the family, was a fox hybrid taking the traits of his mothers, mother. He had Wilbur's brown hair and the father's skin tone, but he had his mother's orange eyes and half the hybrid traits she carried. 

Fundy was a blessing in the father's eyes, his wife agreeing quickly. They had already been working on making a kingdom of their own, a kingdom where others could go to feel safe. Their kingdom was a safe haven, not allowing any type of crime. They were perfect, a young kingdom flourishing quickly being led by amazing parent-like rulers. Wilbur loved his Sally, loved his Fundy, and loved his kingdom. Finally a sign of his family, a wailing baby. Relief filled him, running towards the room the sound was coming from. Of course, Fundy was probably crying because of the raging battle outside, yells and screams filling the air would freak any being out. 

But when he burst through the door and saw his wife on the ground, a sword still lodged into her back, and a wailing baby a few feet away, he was utterly horrified. Wilbur looked up seeing the king of the Dreamer kingdom looking back, his idiotic white mask blocking the whole view of his face. Rage filled Wilbur, making him draw his sword in anger. That had been his wife’s last life, two already used up. One was by her own father's hand, the other sacrificing herself for his safety. “You… MONSTER!” He screamed, tears flooding down his face. With no warning he started swinging at the other king, catching him off guard and making him stumble back. With his sword still lodged in Sally’s chest, he was forced to let go. The green hooded man started reaching for his sheathed knife on his belt, but Wilbur stepped on his hand before he could. When the man looked up, Wilbur's brown eyes looked crazed as he stared back. “I’m going to fucking kill you.” And he was true to his word, plunging his sword into the Dreamer king's chest. 

After a few moments he came back to reality, his hands shaking as he let his sadness go. But he quickly stopped as Fundy’s cries reached his once ringing ears. Looking over the baby was still on the ground crying for his parent's comfort. Letting go of the sword still inside Dream he walked over to the baby, scooping him up with saddened eyes. He looked over to his now-dead wife, finally letting the reality sink in. 

Present. . .

    Quackity was angry when he found out Dream was letting that Ranboo kid and Tubbo go after Tommy, where Technoblade would be. He let his hand trace his scar that crawled from his chin, up his lip, and over his eye finally ending at his brow. Techno had done it to him, he was so close to capturing the brute before he got smart and took one of his lives, leaving a huge scar to remember the event. He hated Technoblade, swore he’d kill him. But he couldn’t even take him on once, and Technoblade still had all three of his lives. If he had been able to capture him, maybe then he could have just been locked up, letting Dream and himself have his fun torturing the Antarctic prince. 

But now Quackity wanted to kill him for taking one of his lives, make him feel what he did three times, letting that be the last feeling the Blood God felt. A knock on his door startled the other, taking his hand away from his face before calling to whoever was outside. In stepped Sapnap, who was smiling kindly at the other. “Hey, Quackity.” Quackity smiled at his fiance, patting his bed signaling for the fire-obsessed man to sit down. The male did with no hesitation, wrapping his fingers between his own, linking them together in an almost comforting way. 

“Where’s Karl?” Karl, their third in their relationship. sapnap sighed, pulling the other general into his chest. Quackity usually wasn’t one for serious talks, or just quiet. But every once in a while it was nice to just sit, and listen to the stillness in the world. 

“You know how he is with his job, he’s treating some last-minute patients.” Quackity hummed. Unlike Sapnap and Quackity, Karl was one of the few doctors the castle had. Actually, the brown-haired male was the head doctor in the castle. “What's going through your mind?” The question caught the other off guard. 

“Technoblade.” Sapnap frowned at his answer but took it anyway. The other had always been obsessed with killing the Antarctic prince. “He was here, and I didn’t even know it. I could have taken one of his lives.” Sapnap hugged the other close, remembering the way Quackity was so distraught about losing one of his lives to the man. Quackity at the moment only has two lives, Karl had three, and himself had two as well. His life was given up to dream like many of the soldiers' lives have been. Dream only had two left, Wilbur, of L’manburg and prince of Antarctica taking it during a fight. 

“I know you want your revenge, but it would make me feel better if you didn’t try to get yourself killed again.”  Quackity looked up at the other, a frown piercing his face. Sapnap frowned at well, but in a more playful way which seemed to work since the other started smiling. “I’m sure Karl would like it if you didn’t purposely try to put yourself in danger's way, too.” Quackity had always had his mindset on having Technoblade die by his hands, at least since he took his own. But his fiance’s were right, he was putting himself in danger for no reason. Quackity snuggled into the other, hesitantly nodding as Sapnaps free hand started carding through his black hair in a soothing way. “Thank you, Quackity.” A soft kiss was pressed to his temple, making him smile. Quackity’s life was perfect anyways, why try to get revenge on a stupid pig hybrid? Quackity didn’t need to, and he knows it. So why even facing that truth, did he still want to kill the bastard? 

+ + +

Tubbo watched the other closely as they filled their water bottle with the river water. Ranboo stayed on the bay, looking at the water with fearful eyes. It made the goat hybrid laugh in his head at how such a tall male can be scared of water like this one is. By tall, Tubbo meant he himself barely met his chest. The male was an odd hybrid, one he hadn’t seen before. Black and white skin, almost perfectly symmetrical down his face, black and white fluffy hair, his horns that also were black and white, and miss-matched green and red eyes. “Hey, uh, Tubbo right?” Said goat hybrid snapped out of his thoughts to see the man fidgeting with his fingers, looking anxious. 

“What’s up, Ranboo?” Finally seeing the bottles were filled he pulled them out of the water, now wading back to shore. 

“What's swimming like?” An odd question to ask, making Tubbo raise a brow. 

“You’ve never gone swimming before?” He shook his head, looking down still fiddling with his fingers. “Why?” 

“I’m a-allergic.” It was a whisper, but Tubbo heard it. His goat ears twitched, frowning at the news. He walked closer, being careful with his wet clothes if the hybrid was speaking the truth, before hugging the other, even if Ranboo tensed up. 

“It's not all that exciting, Ranboo. You probably wouldn’t like it anyways.” Tubbo never enjoyed swimming, so he’d only speak of negatives. 

“Okay.” Slowly the other hugged back, becoming less tense in the embrace. Tubbo liked his hugs, and he’s only had one so far. It was warm, and strangely comforting to the goat hybrid. After a few moments they departed, Tubbo smiling softly before grabbing his and Ranboo’s things. 

“We should get going if we want to get Tommy back quickly.” Ranboo nodded, taking his things hesitantly. He was still a mystery to the hybrid, but eventually he would figure everything out, from his anxious and forgetful mind, to his actual features. “Alright, let's go.”