CHAPTER 22

Fourteen Years Ago. . .

“You kidnapped a child!” Schlatt howled, his widened brown eyes staring down at the sight of the sleeping avian baby before him. Dream sat in front of the window, looking out towards the stars. 

“I did.” They turned to the general, smiling sweetly to the other. Schlatt was furious though, himself peicing the situation together quickly in his brain. 

“Oh my goddess.” He gasped, looking back towards Tommy. “That's the missing prince from the Antarctic Kingdom, isn’t it?” It had been a week since the attack, and though the general and his men had retreated the plan was always for Dream to slowly follow them. Now, he was afraid that the king had planned the kidnapping of the youngest prince of the newly attacked kingdom. 

“Yes, it is.” The king's facial features hardened, threatening steps coming the hybrid’s way. The general stayed in place, refusing to step down. 

“This is wrong, what you have done is wrong! Taking a child from their family? Dream you can’t be this- this idiotic!” Both paused, the two males giving each other angry expressions. Dream frowned, looking down towards the winged baby for a moment before retaliating. 

“Say anything about this, and I’ll have to kill you and whoever you told.” The king threatened. Though a sly smirk came over his lips. “Maybe I’ll even find a use for your son after your execution, another weapon to train along with tommy.” Schlatt paled at the words of his king. 

“I’m retiring early.” The goat hybrid growled, turning to leave. Though as he grabbed for the knob, the green hooded male behind him spoke once again. 

“Remember what I said. I will find out. And I will kill you.”  

    Present/Two Days Later. . .

Dream and Schlatt sat at the green hooded males desk. Though the goat hybrid looked angry he was even sitting in the same room with the man before him. “Schlatt. I want you to join my ranks again.” The older male snarkled, standing up from his seat in anger. 

“Like hell I’m joining you.” He snarled. “Don’t think I forgot what you did.” Dream sat back, his face neutral as the male before him spoke. “Now you want help getting who you kidnapped first, back?” He laughed. 

“Your son’s there too.” The former general stopped at this news, his brown eyes widening. 

“What? That's where he went?” The retired male gritted his teeth, fists balling in anger. “I thought he was off in battle, but you had him chasing after that prince?” Dream smirked, nodding as he crossed his arms. 

“He should have been back by now with him, but I believe that he’s been captured and is now being held hostage.” The king explains. Schlatt was angry. He didn’t want his own son working in the castle as a soldier, but the teen had done it anyway. And now he was off  in a different kingdom where Schlatt couldn’t even try and protect him. “I need you to help me, I don’t know if I can do this if I don't have a second general. I may have George with me but that's only two people leading a huge army.” 

“Maybe it's best to let Tommy rejoin his actual family, I’m sure they figured it out themselves that Tommy is their missing family member.” Dream seemed angry by the older man's words, fists balling. 

“I need him.” Schlatt smirked. 

“You need him? Is that really the only reason you're going after him?” He laughed, before he saw the king falter. Then he grew surprised. “Wait, do you actually care about him? I thought he was just some weapon you were training? Did you grow feelings for the prince?” Dream slammed his fist down, making the goat hybrid's face go neutral once again. 

“Will you help me or not?” Dream asked. The older male before him sighed, looking defeated. 

“Fine, but only because my son is over there.” Dream smiled, holding his hand out for the other to shake. Schlatt reluctantly did the same, already knowing he’d regret this decision.