CHAPTER 18

Yoooooo..... Another chapter. I litteraly can't sleep so I've been just writing all night.... Guys I'm at chapter fucking 21 on this book 😂 I need to solve my sleeping problem for real tho. Butttttt.... Schlatt. Schlatt is being brought in. I did it. I had a 'fuck it' moment and did it 😂. I wasn't planning on updating so early but I had so many chapters done I decided to anyways! So, enjoy the chapter!

Nine years ago. . .

Dream swung his sword at a dummy, causing a huge slice to appear on its chest, the stuffing that was inside the dummy pouring out onto the ground. He looked over towards the five year old who watched with sparkling eyes. Dream smiled, walking over towards the other once he sheathed his sword. Tommy had his own mini sword in his hands, the avian buzzing with excitement, his wings fluffing up in the process. “I can join you in battles once I learn to fight right?” Tommy asked, staring up at his big brother. Dream smiled, ruffling the boy's hair. 

“Absolutely.” The blond confirmed. Tommy happily copied the older’ s attack stance, making the king chuckle and help him, showing the other how to hold the sword and where to place his feet to minimize the chance of being knocked down or tripped. Tommy happily listened, enthusiastically following directions. “Do you want to try and attack the dummy?” The green hooded male asked. Tommy quickly nodded, again getting over excited. Dream was amused by the five year olds enthusiasm, though Nightmare sat on the sidelines cautiously watching the two. Night could say he hated the ‘brat’, but Dream knew the other cared for the blond just as much as he himself did. 

Maybe you should hold off on this, he’s five!” It was true that this was a very early age for anyone to be learning how to handle weapons, but Dream wanted him to be prepared. He may want to use the other to complete their mission, but that didn’t mean he didn’t care about the other or wanted them badly hurt, or worse, dead. So, in answer to the red hooded males question Dream shot a glare, stating he wasn’t changing his mind no matter what the other said. The other glared back but didn’t say anything else, just watched with worried red eyes. 

“Okay, remember the move I showed you and try it!” Tommy stepped forth, getting in the stance once again before slicing through the dummy like it was nothing. It surprised both of the males that were watching. Dream stood, walking over to Tommy with a huge smile. “Good job Tommy! That was amazing!” Tommy happily ran over to the other, who picked him up and tightly hugged the small blond. Nightmare moved closer, softened eyes gazing at the giggling child in Dreams arms. 

“I did good?” Tommy asked, big blue eyes looking up at him.

“Yes, you're a natural with the sword Tommy.” Tommy hugged the other around his neck, squishing his chubby cheek against his older brothers in the process, his smile growing bigger by the second. 

Present. . . 

Nightmare stared down at the mini iron sword in his hands, running his fingers against the dull blade as the memory slowly left their mind. “I know, I miss him too.” Dream’s voice startled the other. 

I thought you were sleeping.” Night muttered, setting the object back in its place with the other things from Tommy’s childhood. 

“I was, I just woke up.” Dream explained. “Can I have my body back?” Nightmare contemplated. It had been a few days, maybe Dream was ready to take charge again. 

Are you sure?” A sigh could be heard from the green hooded male. 

“Yes, I’m sure.” The red eyed male hummed, closing his eyes and letting Dream take control once again. “Thank you.” When Nightmare reopened his eyes he stood in front of Dream, who was gratefully smiling at the other.

You needed a break.” Dream sighed, making his way to a cleared off desk with a raised brow. “I finished the paperwork for you, you shouldn’t have to worry about it for a while.” Night explained. Dream sat down in his chair, letting out a sigh as he gazed out into the night sky. “No word from Ranboo or Tubbo yet, I think they may have been captured.” Nightmare continues. 

“Well, the Antarctic are not known for executions, so when we take over it should be easy to find them.” Another idea popped into his mind. “Maybe we should send for Schlatt.” The red hooded male’s eyes widened at the idea. Schlatt, he had been the former king's trusted lead general before he retired. He was here for a few years of Dreams reign, before he retired when his son was born. 

Schlatt? But he’s retired.” Dream looked over to Nightmare. 

“I think if we tell him his son has been captured on his mission, he’ll happily agree to come out of retirement to help with the attack.” Night was quiet after Dream's explanation. 

Sapnap was the spy.” The small smile that was previously on the king's face faded, dim eyes quickly reappearing. “He fled once he learned of the attack on the Antarctic kingdom, he took Karl with him.” 

“Was… was he caught?” The red hooded male shook his head no, eyes cascading downwards. “Well, that's a problem. Do we know where they fled to?” Nightmare nodded, looking back up confidently. 

I believe they headed in the direction of the Egg kingdom.” Dream growled. The Egg kingdom. They haven’t been able to get past the borders yet. If those two made it into the kingdom they were safe until they came out, and that was unlikely because by now Sapnap would know they had figured out he was the mole.

“We stick with the plan we have and we’ll worry about Sapnap and Karl later.” Dream sat up in his desk chair, pulling a blank piece of paper out, a quill and some ink. “For now, we have a letter to create for Schlatt.” Nightmare nodded, coming over towards the desk to help his other half with the letter. 

+ + +

“Shouldn’t we eat before we do this?” Quackity grumbled, slouching in his chair in the meeting room. Technoblade, who sat across from him, glared at the human before answering him bitterly. 

“No, I think this meeting is more important than eating at the moment.” Everyone in the room could feel the tension in the air, though most tried to ignore it. Philza who sat at the head of the table just sighed, sliding the letter he had in his hand over to Sam, Charlie, and Quackity. Wilbur stared at the piece of paper with curiosity, looking at his father before leaning over Sam’s shoulder to see what it contained. When they had finished, Quackity handed the piece of paper back to the king. 

“What is that?” Charlie asked. 

“A letter from the Egg kingdom, they are arriving soon and by the sound of it with no good news.” Philza explained to the teen. 

“What are the ‘Red eye cases’?” Wilbur asked, still very intrigued by the name. Phil looked on edge at the mention of the red eye cases, everyone could tell. But the king knew he was going to have to explain what it meant anyways. 

“You all understand how king Bad is half demon, right?” The whole room nodded. It was known as a unsolved phenomenon, a prince being born part demon. Many different kingdoms saw it as a bad omen, even the civilians seeing it as a negative. 

“What does that have to do with him though?” Tubbo asked. 

“Well, when I was looking into the Red eye cases, I found out it had to do with Demon’s sharing a body with a human, or even a hybrid.” 

“What do you mean ‘sharing a body’?” Tommy asked, paling just thinking about how this had something to do with Dream. The older avian looked at his son with a sympathetic expression. 

“They co-owned a body with a person, making said person do sinister things.” Phil paused. “The first case… it was thousands of years ago, by a corrupted Emperor who wanted to take over the world.” It took a bit of digging for the king to find this information. And after looking farther into it he started making a theory, a theory he was sure was right. “I-I think that is the same person who tried to use the crystals, I think the demon who had co-owned his body is co-owning Dreams now. I think he’s trying to finish what he started.” Everyone in the room seemed frozen or shocked about this new piece of information. Tommy though seemed the most affected, blue eyes in slits and wings frizzled and twitching. “Tommy-” The young avian stood up abruptly, chir falling onto the floor as he quickly twisted around to leave the room. Ranboo and Tubbo who had been next to him quickly chased after the other, everyone else in the room watching quietly. No one moved until the door shut, the room still quiet. 

“We should start preparations for the egg king's arrival. I think it’s best to pick up on this conversation when they are here.” Wilbur spoke, standing up from his seat. Philza nodded in agreement to his son's plan, the others in the room quietly standing to leave for dinner. Wilbur went over to his worried father, placing a hand on his shoulder. The fathers eyes looked down into Wilbur’s own brown ones. “Go after him. Knowing him he’s gonna go flying tonight. He may need someone to talk to.” Philza nodded, smiling quickly before making his way out of the room.