CHAPTER 2

“THESEUS!” Tiny Techno cheered when Philza had asked for opinions on names for the new baby that Rose still held, also holding back laughter at her firstborn's excitement. 

“Theseus?” Philza knew his obsession for the demi-god was getting a little, well, much, but naming his child after him? “Really?” Wilbur was joining in now, chanting with his bigger brother. 

“Thisus! Thisus!” Philza sighed, chuckling as he looked over to the pig hybrid female who too was laughing now. 

“I think Theseus is a great name.” She spoke, the two kids cheering ‘yays’. Philza was outnumbered, letting himself slouch as he laughed at his family. 

“Theseus it is, then.” 

+ + +

Tommy climbed over another fallen tree trunk, Tubbo not far behind him. “It's so beautiful out here.” The avian looked around with glittering blue eyes. Tubbo chuckled, himself looking around the mystical forest. 

“It is.” He agreed. Tommy’s smile faded a bit, his wings slouching as another thought entered his mind. 

“I wish I could stay out here.” Tubbo frowned at his friend's words, his fists tightening. “It's so relaxing, I feel so free out here.” 

“I wish you could too.” Tommy looked back to the other, a sweet smile on his face. “It's not fair that all you do is train, you never got a childhood, Tommy.” The prince was fourteen, and since he was nine he was trained day and night. He only ever got free time one day per week, between his royal studies, normal studies, and hard training he never got to experience what being a kid really was. Sure, Tubbo was sixteen, but he was a soldier. He worked a few days of the week and went home to his father. He had friends he would get into mistiaff with, and just be teens with. But Tommy was stuck in the castle, he wasn’t allowed to leave unless king Dream said so, and that was rare. 

“Dream says it's important for me to train as hard as I do, Tubbo.” The goat hybrid frowned, jumping over the log separating the two before talking once again. 

“It may be important Tommy, but you never have much free time to just be you.” He paused. “Do you even know who you actually are?” The prince seemed to pause at the sudden question, his blue eyes diverting to the ground as they clouded. Tubbo waited patiently for an answer, his brown eyes watching the other carefully. 

“Yes, I do.” Tubbo narrowed his eyes, brows scrunching. 

“Then who are you?” Tommy seemed confident, lifting his chin higher and letting his wings flare open a bit, a cheeky smile piercing his lips. 

“I am prince Tommy, brother to Dream and the best fighter in the Dreamer kingdom.” Tubbo frowned, clearly not happy with the answer. 

“If you say so, Tommy.” The other nodded, continuing their adventure. 

Four Days Later. . . 

Philza sat at the edge of the forest closest to Dreams castle, eyeing it carefully as if waiting for a moment to strike even though the three family members decided to wait till dusk hit. The king was anxious, his leg hopping and wings shivering as he waited, patient eyes never leaving the castle. The two sons were worried for their father, he seemed worked up. It was strange for the two to see their father like this, even before a battle with other kingdoms he never acted like this. The two always suspected the other was hiding something from them, but never questioned their father. Maybe it was the fact after so many years he was finally going to get his revenge for their mother's death?