CHAPTER 21

When Karl awoke finally his arms were sore, himself struggling to move them as he sat up. His head hurt too, but he remembered everything that had happened the previous night. If he had passed out in that room, then how did he get back to his and Sapnap’s bedroom? Has someone found him and brought him back? And if so, where was Sap? As he looked around the room he noticed a note on the nightstand near him. Weakly he moved his hands to grab it, shakily opening it to read the contents. 

Dear Karl, 

I am sorry I wont be there when you awake. I had to carry out the mission for the sake of our kingdom, and the others inhabiting this world. I hope by the time I return you will be well and in control of the invincible abilities you have now. Yes, I said abilities. Punz will explain further, he’s the one that will help you in controlling your ability. I wish you the best of luck, and I will see you soon. 

Your love, Sapnap

Karl frowned, folding the letter back up before letting his hands rest on his lap. He was alone in a castle with no one he trusted, got horribly injured from that egg thing, and now will be spending his time with a stranger trying to control his abilities that this egg thing gave him. Karl sighed. So far today seemed like a horrible day. A knock on his door shook him out of his thoughts. He stared at the door for a moment before saying a quick ‘come in’ not yet ready to try and do anything today. A blond haired male walked in, he had blond hair and brown eyes, but for whatever reason he had a feeling that there was something more to him other than his basic appearance. 

“Glad to see you’re up.” He male, he assumes is Punz, sighs. 

“Are you Punz?” Karl asked. The blond male nodded, walking further into the room before sitting down next to the other.

“I’ll be looking after you until prince Sapnap gets back.” The time traveler frowns. He sits down on the bed next to the other. “So, have any sores, or anywhere that hurts at the moment?” The blond asked. Karl slowly nodded, looking down to his arms.

“My arms, They feel weak and sore.” He explained. Punz grabbed one of his arms, turning it to palm up now revealing purple and green swirls on his palms. This slightly freaked the other out, who jerked his hand out of the other's grip to bring his shaking hand closer to his face for a better look at the swirl. “Is this what Sapnap meant by abilities?” He asked. Punz frowned, looking over to the nightstand to see the note. 

“Yes, They are linked.” He informed the other. “I’m guessing he also told you I'd explain what we mean by abilities?” Karl slowly nodded. “Well, it's a power. Usually something significant to you. If you are a hybrid it usually will just enhance the abilities your non-human side gives you. But since you're human that doesn’t apply to you, so you have a power that's significant to yourself.” Punz explained. “I have abilities too.” He admits to him. Karl was intrigued by this, leaning in a bit towards the other in curiosity. 

“What is it?” Karl asked.

“It gives me sharper eyes, better speed, better stealth, and more accurate hits when I’m fighting,” he explains. “The only bad thing about this is my eyes can go blurry if I use my abilities too much at once, making me vulnerable.” Karl was intrigued by this, looking at the man's own hands in curiosity. Punz was confused, before he looked at the shorter males hands again, then he understood. "Mine isn’t a dead give away, you can only tell by my eyes.” As he said this, his normal brown eyes turned a glowing silver, Karl looking at them in amazement before Punz quickly switched them back to normal. “We’ll see what yours is when your arms don’t feel like they're about to fall off.” 

“Okay, do you have any idea when Sapnap will be back?” The blond got up from his seat on the brunettes bed before answering. 

“Six days the latest, but knowing Sapnap has a horse, and how determined he is to get back, I have a feeling he’ll be back sooner than we think.” He said. Karl sighed, leaning back in his bed. Punz made his way to the door, looking back to the other before leaving. “I’ll bring you breakfast. After that I think we should work on finding out what your ability is.” After this the male finally leaves, Karl now able to lay down and contemplate everything that has happened throughout his time away from the Dreamer kingdom.