3

(Dom P

(Dom P.O.V.)

I get in my car and drive away. I can't afford to be caught by the cops. I hope everyone got out safe, especially Mia, Aug, and Letty. I am being chased, so I pull up into a parking garage and the cop keeps going. I go to the very top and leave my car. Before I get out I grab my leather jacket. As I am walking down the street a cop passes. I think it's all clear until the car stops and turns around.

"Toretto, stop right there! Toretto!" comes out of the speaker before I take off running. I start running through the alleys. I get to the middle of an alley that goes four ways. Two cops have blocked off two alleys. Then all of a sudden a green car pulls up beside me.

(August P.O.V.)

I am driving around after I lost the cops. I go to where we stash the cars if the cops are close. I see Dom's car there. So, I start driving around when I see Brian's car come out off an alley and it looks like he has Dom. So, I sneakily follow them so the cops won't see me. I see them head into Tran's territory.

(Brian P.O.V.)

"Get in!" I say as I pull up beside Dom. I race away from the cops.
"You're the last person in the world I expected to show up," Dom says.
"I thought if I got in your good graces, you might let me keep my car," I explain.
"You are in my good graces, but you ain't keeping your car. You drive like you've done this before. Are you a wheelman?" Dom says as I drive between cop cars that thought they had the road blocked off.

"No," I answer.
"You boost cars?" Dom asks.
"No. Never." I lie.
"Ever done time?" Dom asks.
"Couple of overnighters. No big deal." I lie again.
"What about the two years in juvie for boosting cars? Tucson, right?" Dom questions looking over at me. My face must read 'how do you know,' because he keeps going. "I had Jesse run a profile on you, Brian Earl Spilner. He'll find anything on the web. Anything about anybody. So, why bullshit?" Dom says.
"So, what about you?" I ask changing the subject.
"Two years in Lompoc. I'll die before I go back." Dom answers. Then there was the sound of several motorcycles behind us. "Oh great," Dom says.

(August P.O.V.)

I see Tran's gang pull up behind Brian and then pull him over. I find a place to hide just in case Dom needs my help.

(Brian P.O.V.)

"What?" I ask.
"It's going to be a long-ass night. That's what." Dom explains as a motorcycle pulls up beside me.
"Follow us." The guy on the bike says. I follow him and pull up by this Chinese looking restaurant. Dom and I get out of my car.

"I thought we had an agreement. You stay away. I stay away. Everybody stays happy." A guy says to Dom as he gets off his bike.
"We got lost. What do you want me to tell you?" Dom says.
"Who's "we"?" the guy asks.
"My new mechanic. Brian, meet Johnny Tran." Dom says pointing at the guy talking to us. "The guy in the snakeskin pants. That's his cousin. Lance." Dom continues by pointing at the guy that told me to follow them. "So, when are you going to give me a shot at that Honda 2000 of yours?" Dom asks directing his attention back to Tran.

"This your ride?" Johnny asks me.
"It was. It's his now." I said nodding my head towards Dom.
"No, it's not. I haven't taken delivery?" Dom says.
"Then it's nobody's car. But somebody put in the wrench time. What do you think, Lance?" Johnny says.
"It's an amazing machine," Lance says.
"Yes, indeed. Let's go. I'll see you in the desert next month. Be ready to have your ass handed to you." Johnny says as he and his girl get back on his bike.

"You'll need more than that crotch rocket." Dom jokes.
"I got something for you," Johnny says riding off.
"What the hell was that about?" I ask Dom.
"Long story. I'll tell you later. Let's get out of here." Dom says as we go to get back in the car. Two motorcycles come back and start shooting my car all up. A part of the car catches fire. The motorcycles leave. "NOS!" Dom yells as we both take cover as the car explodes.

"So, what the hell was that all about?" I ask Dom again, as we start walking.
"It's a long story." Dom answers.
"Well, we got a 20-mile hike. Humor me." I say.
"A business deal that went sour. Plus, I made the mistake of sleeping with his sister." Dom explains. I hear a car start to pull up beside us.

"You need a ride, boys?" August says as she pulls up beside us. I just grin. My liking of her just went to a whole new level. Dom and I get in her car and she takes off. The whole ride is silent. We pull up in front of a white two-story house. The driveway is full of cars. Looks like an after party. We get out of the car and August walks inside. I start to head home, thinking about what all had happened tonight. Dom was heading up to the house when he turned around and watched me walk.

 Dom was heading up to the house when he turned around and watched me walk