42

(August P.O.V.)

Brian left and I could only hope that he would make it back. Meanwhile, I am helping Tej hack into the satellite, so we could track Shaw.

"Now send Big Brother live," Tej says finally hacking in. Rome walks over to see. "You can't even pick your nose in London, without anyone knowing it." Rome starts messing with the gun that Han had brought in with him.
"Hey, you shouldn't tamper with it," I say and Rome keeps messing with it.
"It is not a toy," Tej says after noticing what was going on.
"What's the problem?" Rome asks.
"It is highly charged titanium wire," I explain.
"What does that mean?" Rome asks.
"It's to keep bridges upright with. Things you know nothing about!" Tej explains taking it away from him. "The common text is bold enough but mine is a masterpiece. I have turned the gear on and tuned the engine. And then added this container. It makes the course even faster." Rome starts to take it from him. "It's not foolproof." I just smile at their banter. I see Dom and Han talking near a wall across from where we are.

"I've been known to use big weapons," Rome says getting the gun. Then started pointing it at the wall Dom and Han were near.
"And you're known for using your big head," Tej says. They start bantering again. I decide to listen to Dom and Han's conversation since they are close enough I can hear them.

"Dom, I have asked around. I've got the address of a street race tonight," Han says. Then I hear a click and weird shooting sound. The hook embedded in the wall between Han and Dom. They both look over at us with looks that could kill. I hold my hands up in surrender since I didn't do anything, while Rome quickly hands the gun to Tej, who is rolling his eyes.

"I'm headed to a street race to see if I can find Letty," Dom says as he walks over to me.
"Be careful," I say giving him a hug.
"Always," Dom says.
"Ride or die," I say with a small smile.
"Ride or die," Dom says with a smile before leaving.

(Dom P.O.V.)

I walk up to Han to see if he figured anything out about the street races. I see Tej, August, and Rome over by the computers. I wonder if Brian figured out what was up with August before he left. He was very reluctant to leave.

"Dom, I have asked around. I've got the address of a street race tonight," Han says breaking my train of thought. Then I hear a click and weird shooting sound. The hook of the gun embedded in the wall between Han and me. We both look over at them with looks that could kill. August holds her hands up in surrender, while Rome quickly hands the gun to Tej, who is rolling his eyes.

"I'm headed to a street race to see if I can find Letty," I say as I walk over to August.
"Be careful." She says giving me a hug.
"Always," I say. I'm starting to worry about her. She's kinda distant from the action. Normally she would be begging to go with me.
"Ride or die," She says with a small smile.
"Ride or die," I say with a smile before leaving. That's what I'll tell to Letty if I find her.

(Dom P.O.V.)

I'm at the race and I pull up beside Letty at the starting line.

"You really got some balls, man," She says with a smirk on her face after she looks at me.
"I've been told," I say back with a smirk.
"You're lucky that I missed my shot," she says.
"I think you hit your mark," I say.
"Really? What is it with you? Do you have a death wish?" She asks clearly through with the small talk.

"If that's what it takes. I just want to race," I answer.
"Might lose your car," she says. Which makes me chuckle.
"Let's do it," I say with a smirk.
"Your funeral," She says with a smirk.
"Ride or die, remember?" I ask as the smirk leaves her face.

"Listen!" A lady says walking in front of our cars. "Out here, we are used to getting our will. This is London, Baby! Do not bite the bait. Are you ready?" The crowd cheers. "Ready?" She points at Letty. Letty revs her engine in response. "Ready?" She points at me. I rev my engine in response. "Steady. Go!" We take off. I win and Letty leads me to a deserted place in between some buildings. We get out of our cars. She sits on the hood of her car. I walk over to her.

"Your still upshifting early," I say.
"I do that so you brake," She explains.
"You lose grip and the rear end slips out," I say.
"I've noticed," she says. "Look, just because you know how I ride, don't mean you know me."

"Do you know what they say, where we come from?" I ask her and she doesn't answer so I continue. "Show me how you drive and I'll show you who you are." I look at her car. "V8. You've never been able to resist American muscle." I grab her arm and running my hand down to where a scar is. "Great scars. You've never been able to keep you out of trouble."

"What else do you know about me?" She asks sounding interested.
"About you?" I ask and she nods. "Everything. This scar you got the evening, we met. You were 15 years old and your first street race. Some kid tried to show off and lost control of his car wiped out right next to you. You're lucky you didn't lose your arm."
"And let me guess, you saved me?" She asks.

"Nah, I was the kid showing off, but my little sister, August, did," I explain. She smiles before looking down. I move her hair out of the way of another scar. "And here. Boyle Heights. You were fleeing with my little sisters, Mia and August. And got trapped in a corner. And you and August thought it would be a good idea to ram your Torino Cobra through a retainer wall." I smile and she laughs.

"Alright. How about this one?" She asks raising her shirt to show a scar on her hip.
"That's the last time we were together," I say as I run my thumb across the scar. "We were in the Dominican Republic, you wanted to go for a night swim. You cut yourself on a reef. And I followed you. I even got this scar to match." I lift my shirt to show a similar scar. She smiles then it fades.

"Look, I don't know why you're here, but I really think you're over your head," She says. We stare at each other for a few minutes. Then I cup her head in my hands.
"I'm here for you," I say. She removes her head from my hands looking away before she looks back.

"That girl you remember. It's not me," she says.
"Not from what I just saw," I say in a whisper. "Like it or not your still the same girl," I say a little bit louder than a whisper. She gives me a look of confusion. "I saw it out there," I say in a whisper. "I see it right now," I say louder.
"I got to go," She says going to get in her car.
"Hey," I say making her stop before reaching into my pocket and bringing out her cross necklace. "It belongs to you," I hand it to her. She looks at it before getting into her car and driving away.

 She looks at it before getting into her car and driving away